New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    magandang umaga mga ka-tsikot!

currently 2000 civic vti m/t ang auto ko, kaso medjo nagsawa nako kaya iniisip ko siya palitan ano kaya ang mas ok sa tatlo mga sir?

based on:
    1. performance
    2. comfort
    3. fuel consumption
    4. spare parts
    5. resale value

some questions din:
    totoo bang mahirap at mas mahal ang piyesa ng ford kaysa honda?
    mga ilan kaya ang FC ng escape at lynx RS as compared to the civic?
    comfort ng lynx at escape as compared sa civic?
    performance ng tatlo?
    tibay ng ford cars?
    how "bad" is the resale value of ford units?

actually medjo pormado na yung exterior/interior ng civic ko, kaso naisip ko parang mas ok gumastos ng mods sa performance kaysa sa pagpapa-pogi lang ng kotse. kaya naisip ko yung ford lynx RS.

kaya naman kasama yung escape kasi sanay ako sa suv/pick up(lumaki kasi akong malalaki lang ang sasakyan namin), medjo hirap ako sa pagdridrive ng kotse lalo na sa mga lubak etc.

thanks sa input niyo guys! especially kay sir niky, nakaka-inspire yung ford lynx RS niyo eh sir kung ford lynx rs man ang bibilin ko baka magtanong ako sainyo ng basic engine mods like IHE, unichip etc

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depende parin yan sa needs mo. Practicality wise the Escape would be the one to get since it has more room, higher ground clearance and very very tough off road worthy underpinnings. Though of course the Lynx RS is faster and probably more economical.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Escape I used to drive ( 3.0L V6 A/T ) goes about 5km/L on city driving. The XLS M/T should do better, I suppose. The V6 rides, handles and drives well enough. The acceleration is of course, superb. I'm not sure though with the 2.3(?) XLS. But since it's manual, it should do good.

The RS is a pretty good car. Cheap for its features and perks. So it's a plus for you. It looks good. And, that's all I could say. No first hand experience with the lynx.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The Escape I used to drive ( 3.0L V6 A/T ) goes about 5km/L on city driving. The XLS M/T should do better, I suppose. The V6 rides, handles and drives well enough. The acceleration is of course, superb. I'm not sure though with the 2.3(?) XLS. But since it's manual, it should do good.

The RS is a pretty good car. Cheap for its features and perks. So it's a plus for you. It looks good. And, that's all I could say. No first hand experience with the lynx.
    Yung XLS M/T 2.0 Zetec engine ang gamit. We have the 2.0XLT 4x4 A/T Escape. Most of the reasons why it is somewhat lethargic is due to the matic transmission's weird behavior and the added drag of the AWD system. The lighter 4x2 M/T should do much better as its really very torquey and in dire need of a better transmission for both better acceleration and fuel economy.

But the Lynx RS's 2.0L engine is still much better than the Escape's in terms of power.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Most of the reasons why it is somewhat lethargic is due to the matic transmission's weird behavior and the added drag of the AWD system.
    I agree. We also had a 2.0 4x2 a/t Escape before and it isnt underpowered as some may claim. The transmission gearing is just quite off (i find it too long) so you don't get into the real powerband until you're at the high rpm range. I loved driving it though as it was quite comfortable, had good insulation and good interior and trunk space.

If you're getting an Escape, go for the 2.3L although this only comes with an a/t. Performance of course will go with the Lynx 2.0; spare parts should likewise be the same for both models. So far parts have been easy on our ford cars before as we would just buy it from shops in Banawe. On resale, it is low if you bought the car brand new but then again it works to your advantage as a second hand buyer and it should drop off to drastically after that.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I agree. We also had a 2.0 4x2 a/t Escape before and it isnt underpowered as some may claim. The transmission gearing is just quite off (i find it too long) so you don't get into the real powerband until you're at the high rpm range. I loved driving it though as it was quite comfortable, had good insulation and good interior and trunk space.

If you're getting an Escape, go for the 2.3L although this only comes with an a/t. Performance of course will go with the Lynx 2.0; spare parts should likewise be the same for both models. So far parts have been easy on our ford cars before as we would just buy it from shops in Banawe. On resale, it is low if you bought the car brand new but then again it works to your advantage as a second hand buyer and it should drop off to drastically after that.
    Amen to that. The transmission would be on very low rpm on one moment and then after a split second of deliberation suddenly be at 4000rpm by the next with just a wee slightly heavier press on the accelerator. No such problem with the M/T, I suppose. I really like ours as the handling is excellent with very minimal body roll even in more extreme circumstances. The suspension is very, very solid and also very well damped with no floaty feel yet still not bone-jarringly hard.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with the 2.0 is the amount of performance you get for the fuel consumption. In this, the 2.3 AT is worlds better. Heck, if Ford had only sold the 2.3 instead of the 2.0 and 3.0, the Escape wouldn't get such a bad rap for fuel economy. And the 3.0's four-speed automatic is crap in traffic... until you hit 60, you won't feel the extra power at all.

Wish our CR-V rode as nicely as the Escape.

-

The RS is a better car all-around than the VTi, except in terms of fuel consumption. While the RS is comparable to the SiR in terms of performance and economy, like the SiR, it's hard to find a secondhand unit that isn't abused and/or in need of lots of TLC. Also consider the condition of the interior leather (steering, shift knob), sound system and sunroof.

Spare parts are surprisingly affordable and easy to find for a 2 liter car. (MazFord Banawe... complete supply of spares) But you still have the issue of extra cash out every registration (5k plus).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    IOn resale, it is low if you bought the car brand new but then again it works to your advantage as a second hand buyer and it should drop off to drastically after that.
    Correction on this: it should NOT drop off too drastically after that

Sorry... Holiday hangover.

Yes, the Escape had a very good balance on the suspension between firmness and comfort IMO.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The problem with the 2.0 is the amount of performance you get for the fuel consumption. In this, the 2.3 AT is worlds better. Heck, if Ford had only sold the 2.3 instead of the 2.0 and 3.0, the Escape wouldn't get such a bad rap for fuel economy. And the 3.0's four-speed automatic is crap in traffic... until you hit 60, you won't feel the extra power at all.

Wish our CR-V rode as nicely as the Escape.

-

The RS is a better car all-around than the VTi, except in terms of fuel consumption. While the RS is comparable to the SiR in terms of performance and economy, like the SiR, it's hard to find a secondhand unit that isn't abused and/or in need of lots of TLC. Also consider the condition of the interior leather (steering, shift knob), sound system and sunroof.

Spare parts are surprisingly affordable and easy to find for a 2 liter car. (MazFord Banawe... complete supply of spares) But you still have the issue of extra cash out every registration (5k plus).
    How does the 2.0M/T and 2.3A/T Escape compare in terms of fuel consumption? Also, does the 2.3L model use a different A/T gearbox?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How does the 2.0M/T and 2.3A/T Escape compare in terms of fuel consumption? Also, does the 2.3L model use a different A/T gearbox?
    No experience with the 2.0 m/t but the 2.3 a/t can do 7km/L+ in city driving and 12km/l on the highway... when owner driven (pag driver may dala... forget it, babagsak to 5-6km/L sa city driving).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Civic VTI(SiR body) vs Ford Lynx RS vs Ford Escape(XLS M/t)