New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hello,

I am fortunate to be able to buy a new car. I have narrowed down my choices to Civic 1.8V MT and Altis 1.6G MT. Budget stretched already. They are closely priced at 810k.

To summarize some of the differences:

1. SRS airbag driver side for Altis. None for Civic
    2. Altis is lighter at 1175kg vs 1205kg for Civic.
    3. Climate control for the Altis vs Manual for the Civic
    4. Foglamps for the Altis. None for the Civic
    5. EPS forr Altis vs hydraulic for Civic
    6. Rear disc break for Civic while drums for Altis
    7. Civic meters look good vs the analog meters for Altis

I put value in space and fuel economy. I visited the showroom and it seems that the Civic has slightly roomier interior vs the Altis although dimensions-wise, Altis is a little bit bigger
    Aside from the roomier interior, the Civic has the "newer" 1.8l engine. Got feedback from friends that it can do 18-20 km/li on highway. Can Civic owners attest to this? Overall which should be more fuel efficient? I travel start and end of week Pampanga-Makati vice versa and do some short city drives (>5kms) within the week.

I am really stuck. If you're on my situation, which would you choose? THanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Para sakin it all boils down to this are you more after performance or comfort? Comfort goes to Corolla (comfy seats, softer suspension) while performance goes to the Civic (superior engine and tranny; ay manual nga pala kunin mo ). I can't attest to the 18-20km/L sounds too optimistic for me. Basta pure city driving ruish hour from QC to Makati CBD 8.5km/L ako pero automatic yung Civic ko so kung manual it might be better slightly...

Ay oo nga pala let me add my opinion na rin na para sakin mas maganda hydrualic kaysa EPS. EPS might be cheaper on gas consumption than hydraulic (not a huge deal) pero mas maganda yung road feedback ng hydraulic.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^bias yan si Tidus, huwag ka makinig dyan...hehehe

Altis ka na, at least meron ng driver side airbag...

bias din ako gusto ko sana sabihin civic but 1.8v kasi ang kukunin mo pero pag 1.8s ang kukunin mo civic pipiliin ko..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^And what part of comment was biased? Aber?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    ^^And what part of comment was biased? Aber?

joke lang.... FD!FD!FD!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Hello,

I am fortunate to be able to buy a new car. I have narrowed down my choices to Civic 1.8V MT and Altis 1.6G MT. Budget stretched already. They are closely priced at 810k.

To summarize some of the differences:

1. SRS airbag driver side for Altis. None for Civic
    2. Altis is lighter at 1175kg vs 1205kg for Civic.
    3. Climate control for the Altis vs Manual for the Civic
    4. Foglamps for the Altis. None for the Civic
    5. EPS forr Altis vs hydraulic for Civic
    6. Rear disc break for Civic while drums for Altis
    7. Civic meters look good vs the analog meters for Altis

I put value in space and fuel economy. I visited the showroom and it seems that the Civic has slightly roomier interior vs the Altis although dimensions-wise, Altis is a little bit bigger
    Aside from the roomier interior, the Civic has the "newer" 1.8l engine. Got feedback from friends that it can do 18-20 km/li on highway. Can Civic owners attest to this? Overall which should be more fuel efficient? I travel start and end of week Pampanga-Makati vice versa and do some short city drives (>5kms) within the week.

I am really stuck. If you're on my situation, which would you choose? THanks!
    i'd go for the altis.

a. because it's lighter and has a less engine displacement, much better ang FC.
    b. driver's side airbag is important.
    c. parang mas madaming features yung altus.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Alin sa dalawa ang least costly to maintain?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Alin sa dalawa ang least costly to maintain?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    altis sa looks. tsaka matigas tlaga upuan ng civic.

Civic 1.8V vs Altis 1.6G