New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Considering a replacement car for my sis' 5-year old Honda City. These are my 3 finalists based on service/durability/fuel efficiency/maintenance cost. Di kasi marunong mag kumpuni yun kaya dapat uber reliable, pero ayaw ko ng Toyota.

And dapat din matipid. Ise-share din siya with me and my other sis. Ang budget nasa 900-950K. Car will be a DD with a FEW out-of-town trips.

Fire away ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ i would still go for the tucson.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tucson fits all category. CRDi so mas matipid, higher ground clearance than the two sedans, more flexible than the two sedans...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If the acquisition price is around or more than 1 M--a CUV or even an AUV is more practical than a sedan, IMO. Unless one of the major consideration is that of a "something of a statement...or showing off" kind.

tuc = sportage diba.. may 2wd bang sportage?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    mag-CRDI ka na P22/liter na ang diesel. when I went to balloon fest sa clark, ang na-spend ko lang ata eh around P300.00. 23.xx ang bigay sa'kin ng shell noon (puv diesel kasi kilala ko may-ari). around 1.4K full tank.

halos 1/2 ng 1/4 bracket lang ang na-consume ng SF ko

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    tucson for me

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not the Hyundai i30 Diesel?

Saves you the cost of fuel and it's also lighter than some lumbering SUV. Easier to park and drive. It has more than enough power to match other petrol powered compact cars in the local market.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Atarms View Post
    mag-CRDI ka na P22/liter na ang diesel. when I went to balloon fest sa clark, ang na-spend ko lang ata eh around P300.00. 23.xx ang bigay sa'kin ng shell noon (puv diesel kasi kilala ko may-ari). around 1.4K full tank.

halos 1/2 ng 1/4 bracket lang ang na-consume ng SF ko
    haha, so you went there to clark pala. We used the my dad's 1.8s civic going there. consumed about 25 liters of fuel back and forth (plus trips to the hotel, getting lost in angeles and restos) in the city the civic is awesome but in the parking at the field, its low ground clearance did prove problematic. i kept hearing noises for every shrub, and stone that hits the underchassis of the civic. My altis has a higher ground clearancea and better FC.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Why not the Hyundai i30 Diesel?

Saves you the cost of fuel and it's also lighter than some lumbering SUV. Easier to park and drive. It has more than enough power to match other petrol powered compact cars in the local market.
    Yup, that's why it's on the list. Can't find any feedback on it though. Mukhang slow mover.

Tuc's good also kaya lang the Crdi 2wd seems spare on safety features on paper. But I'll know more when I look at a unit. Equally important though, it's a tad over budget at 1.1 ... , maybe lui can help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Civic 1.8S or Hyundai i30 gas or Tucson CRDi 2WD