New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    guys,

im planning to buy a car. ano kaya ang ok sa dalawa? civic or carens? any suggestions? pls help. tnx

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Carens - if you have a family of more than 4 and need space for cargo, nice engine too.

Civic - single or family of 3, better looks and less daddy image.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    medyo malayo ang purpose ng dalawa. pero kung ako bibili carens crdi nalang. mas madami pde isakay. diesel pa.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    civic. i never did like station wagons

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    if you're a family man who loves out of town enjoyment and often engage in long driving carens crdi is practical for you but if pang porma,social gatherings,pam pabata image then civic na....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Civic for me. Looks alot better than the carens, fuel consumption is not bad, re sale value way better than the carens .

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    carens for me. now i'm a crdi convert. I'm amazed how powerful it is. if giving a chance for another car definely crdi engine for me.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    CIVIC for me.... I'm a former korean car fanatic...

Test drive both... Both have pros & cons...

Correct si 2slow sa resale value...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    Civic for me. Looks alot better than the carens, fuel consumption is not bad, re sale value way better than the carens .
    Have you actually driven a Carens CRDi? The gasoline engined Carens has poorer consumption than the Civic, but the CRDi is actually more economical.

-----

The Civic, true, will have better resale value. Price versus Price, it has more safety features than the Carens, too (it's only the top-of-the-line Carens that gets a measly single airbag... no ABS).

The Civic has a freer revving engine, and it's pretty quick. The Carens has a very torquey CRDi engine.

The Civic has better handling. The Carens has softer front seats.

In terms of reliability, the Carens is an unknown. Hyundai/Kia's CRDi technology is proven, but there may be problems with auxiliary systems and other parts. The Civic's engine is probably, bar none, the best gasoline engine there is right now. Hondas are known for mechanical reliability, but their trim, paint, assembly and body integrity are sometimes questionable.

-----

But they're not in the same category. The Carens is an MPV. It can hold six people comfortably, and seven in urban driving. It has an absolutely huge amount of luggage space compared to the Civic (which doesn't even get folding rear seats).

Di sila comparable, at all. If you want to compare cars, compare the Civic to the Altis, the Mazda3 or the Focus (heck, throw in the Lancer, Sentra and Optra, too).

The Carens' only competitors in this market are the Chevrolet Zafira and the Innova. The Zafira is only available in gasoline (if it's still available)... the Innova is slightly bigger, but the Carens has a much more sophisticated (and powerful) engine and more flexible seating.
    Last edited by niky; May 28th, 2007 at 02:57 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on your priorities...

If you want a utility vehicle that can seat 6 or 7 people and a few luggage - then the Carens is for you. The new 2.0L CRDi VGT engine is just awesome!

If you want a mid-priced compact sedan, then the Civic 1.8S is hard to pass up with its new R-series engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Civic 1.8 S at vs Carens lx crdi at