New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Resale value depends on market demand. I think buyers realize that this Mazda is a lot different from the dubious entrepreneur led Mazda dealerships of old. New Mazdas seem to have at least average resale values (will double check later) instead of the rock bottom values Nissans and older Fords and Mazdas rate.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for Toyota, yes, kit for money sucks. They seem to think they can lean on their reputation for reliability like Honda does to sell less kit for more money. At least Honda has nice interiors, Toyota! If you're going to make it simple, at least make it look nice! I'd keep the XWind, personally. It's not as comfy, but the engine is robust, and if you're out of warranty, cheap to maintain.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    With the meteoric rise of fuel prices, i would sacrifice the looks with efficiency! with that move, mababawasan ang oil importation, makakatipid ang pilipinas, lalaki pera ng gobyerno, mas yayaman ang mga mangungurakoT!

(parang mazda3 na lang...) hehehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    My suggestion is to go for the city 1.5... the "Extra" km/l would indeed go a long way... specially with the current price of petrol.. Then spend the savings to get the Innova G. Or if you can wait until 4Q, maybe you can opt for the higher end Avanza (hopefully cheaper than Innova J).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    civic

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda 3. that's not even a fair comparison dahil magkaibang class at presyo sila.

personally, it's very hard to ask someone else how much money you should spend on a car - ikaw lang ang makakasagot niyan. once he's narrowed down his budget, saka tayo mag-comparo.

side note - the safety margins that ABS and dual airbags give you is priceless...i would definitely spend an extra P80k for those features.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Im an owner of a City vtec 1.5 and heres my take.

If we choose a Mazda 3, would it matter if we get the 1.6L S A/T rather than the 1.6L V A/T? The major difference between the two is that the S model has only 1 airbag and no ABS. The price difference is P80,000.00, which I'm thinking is big enough to consider.

Depends on what you want. If theres extra money go for the V model. Its your life/lives were talking about. Safety is the most important! Ako when I bought mine kulang talaga money ko thats why I opted for the non abs unit. Sayang nga would have loved abs and airbags. Hassle talaga ang car companies dito dapat nde optional ang safety

If we choose a Honda City, our choices narrow further to a 1.3 S CVT and a 1.5 V CVT. The difference between the two is that the S model has no airbags at all and no ABS. Price difference is P81,000.00.

SAan dinadala ang car? Daily driver with out of town trips? With a 1.3 S CVT maganda sa city coz torquey coz of the dual spark plugs, malakas ang arangkada but lacks top end. Who needs top end anywa in out traffic filled city? Kayang kaya 160 kph ng jazz. If you want more and want spirited driving di mag 1.5 ka na lang. Malaki advantage ng 1.5 sa long drives specially pag overtaking and ramdamam mo shempre ang diff ng 1.5 sa 1.3. For me the only reason I got the City was the engine and cvt and the brand of course.

Eto comparo

Ride - hands down Mazda 3 (Euro Feel) City/Jazz magaan ang pangit ng suspension.
    Cvt/ active transmission - malayo ang performance ng cvt. The only thing that can beat it are the euro auto transmission from the likes of Audi. Hondas paddle shifter from the civic and cvt from jazz and city is just top dog. Fuel efficient and pull and shifting really close to manual. Ang tipid tipid pa
    Fuel consumption - nothing beats Honda in this category. Even toyota doesnt come close. Mine avgs 10-14. Pag spirited driving worst it can give me is 9 or 10.
    Interior - Mazda 3. Cheap ang interior ng city/jazz may static kaya nakakoryenta kami. We already contacted our dealers and we cant solve it coz of the cheap plastic materials used. The only thing that makes up for it are the Ult seats. Meron din ang Mazda 3 kaya advantage sa 3 pa din.
    REsale - Honda has better resale but ang mazda these days maganda and resale value just look at the market for 3's. They are priced very well!!
    Speed - The honda 1.5 is unbeatable in this category. Mabilis talaga ang 1.5 ng honda. I was able to max out my car ng 190Kph kaya pa although I need a long road to stretch its legs magabal na umakyat pag dating ng 180. I just did it once coz I was curious. REally scary coz the car is soo light. Problem ng 3 medyo sluggish sya but for our traffic filled metro power is adequate!!!

maintenance - honda has the advantage ( 10k ang trip sa casa not like other cars 5k lang) Nde din mahal sa casa. For my city I spend around 4-5k every 10k so if you compute it parang 2k lang every 5k. Ang mahal yung parts sa ....casa

My honest take. If youre just going to pick from the two. Id definetly go with a Mazda 3. Bottonline whatever you choose you can be assured youve got a winner in ur hands

---------------------
    On the Crosswind's replacement naman, we've decided that we should have a sedan and a van-type car always. So far, only the Innova seems to be the best choice, price- and design-wise. But maybe you can still recommend something else? What I don't like about the Innova models is that only the highest model is Diesel-A/T. Nakakapagod na kasi ang M/T especially for city-driving, so we opt for A/T units na lang. Also, diesel is the preferred fuel choice sana.

Not being bias here but ang hirap taluning ng innova sa category na yan. My mom owns 1 and from time to time I get to drive it at wala talaga akong mahanap ng complaints except for the looks of the innova. Nde masyadong nag warm sa kin ang looks but engine and driveablity is superb. It doesnt feel like an suv, car like sya, mabilis at matipid sa gas. no wonder a lot of families opted to get an innova its better than the fortuner when you consider price and the package and ride!!!

As far as rustproofing is concerned. Talagang option yun, Well I guess talagang trademark na yan nga mga casa basta makakatipid sila gagawin nla. When I got my car one of the selling points of my agent was the rustproofing. Malaking weight din yun kasi mahal din mag pa rustproof.

Goodluck pre!! and let us know what happens cheers

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda 3. sundin ang tinitibok ng puson...este puso

baka gusto nya pre-owned mz3 2.0 may kakilala ako nagbebenta pm mo lang ako (shameless plug he he...)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I love the 17.1 cu/ft trunk space of the Mazda3 hatch...which becomes 31 cu/ft when the seats are lowered...big enough for six rims w/ wheels.. or 2 x 32inch TV's he he he

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hindi ba maliit ang City? Kung size lang e sa Mazda na ako. Unless solo or 2 lang lagi ang sakay, ok na City tipid pa.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
City or Mazda 3 - help my cousin choose a car