New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Between this two cars Hyundai Elantra 1.6 A/T or M/T and Honda City 1.5E A/T, which has a better fuel economy, reliabilty and durability as well?

How about maintenance cost?

Thank you guys...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    city is more efficient. kung fuel efficient hanap mo, get the manual. BTW, they are not in the same category. sub-compact and compact. city-accent, civic-elantra

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City with the AT isn't really any more efficient, actually... The Elantra is an all-around better car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    city is more efficient. kung fuel efficient hanap mo, get the manual. BTW, they are not in the same category. sub-compact and compact. city-accent, civic-elantra
    i know sir, but if you see, the pricing is not that far. 1.6 Elantra M/T (818K) and 1.5 City A/T (836K). Wala naman M/T ang city na 1.5 variant. So its between 1.6 MT compacts vs 1.5 A/T subcompact. Which will be the practical choice?

While civic pricing is somewhat over priced... just like saying sobrang bilib sa sarili...hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The City with the AT isn't really any more efficient, actually... The Elantra is an all-around better car.
    thank you sir, how about the fuel economy of City (M/T) vs Elantra (M/T)?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have not driven the MT City. Should be much better than the Elantra.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    City AT efficient? Not really.

Drove one during the Christmas season and nung June.

Elantra na 'ko. MT or AT will depend on your preference. I'm an MT guy so dun ako sa Manual.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    City AT efficient? Not really.

Drove one during the Christmas season and nung June.

Elantra na 'ko. MT or AT will depend on your preference. I'm an MT guy so dun ako sa Manual.
    Ano ba comparison mo ng City at Elantra, AT vs Manual?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sinasabi ko lang na hindi naman efficient yung City, as claimed. It's at par with the heavier 1.6 Altis MT. 9-10km/L city driving. Highway driving best I did was 11.7km/L as per the MID reading. Pero spirited driving yun, and knowing Honda, konting tapak downshift agad so the RPM shoots up to only god knows where.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have not driven the Elantra but I own a 2009 1.5E AT City. Mixed city and highway driving with emphasis on highway, I get 14km/L. Thats per the trip computer, I did not compute manually. Set the computer to 0 about 1000 kms ago and thats the ave I got. Pure highway, my best was 16 km/l. Pure city driving I'm guessing 7 or 8 km/l in very heavy traffic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
City 1.5 E vs Elantra 1.6 A/T and  M/T