New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi fellows, im John, 27yrs old, Single, Professional, and a Newbie. I'm planning to loan a CAR through Metrobank(i believe they offer the lowest interest rate). I intend to use it in for city driving and occasional out of town trips and also for my future family as well(my target is to marry 2-3yrsfrom now).

This shall be my very first car and below are the units that fit my budget(700k but less than 800k), its the reason i didn't include the entry level of the CIVIC.

CITY 1.3S or VIOS 1.5G or S, or ALTIS 1.6E (All Manual):

I like the CITY for its Fuel Effieciency and its Look(also cool to upgrade in the future), Dual Airbags, Nice interior, but on the review(Businees Mirror Motoring sec.) i read that it doesn't handle very well on turns (although i might hardly notice this since im also a new driver) and the AC isn't that cold. Another reason i am leaning more towards TOYOTA is the Maintenance costs since i intend to loan the car for 5yrs.

I like the VIOS since my budget can afford the higher version of it, and since its TOYOTA(lower maintenance in the future), has Dual Airbags, WIL concept seats, Light turn signal... Can also choose the S with loaded sporty accessories but on the other hand it seems like the VIOS is smaller than the CITY(space) or smallest among my choices. And the Interior esp the Controls and Console display isn't that nice(the CITY and the ATLIS is much nicer).

Now on the ALTIS, first since its TOYOTA(again for the future maintencance costs). I am leaning more towars this unit because it is a SEDAN and not a SUBCOMPACT. My parents can comfortably endure occasional out of town trips with the space it provides, also when i marry, i could still fit them in here(parents and wife + future baby). Also the Interior and Console display looks elegant, also the Looks(cool to upgrade too like the CITY), has Light turn signal, has more powerful engine. It is higher than the two Subcompact but it is the Entry level of the ALTIS. And it only has 1 Airbag.

Experts, Enthusiast, Car Owners, pls. give me insights. I believe you're insights will be very helpful. Thank you very much for taking time to read.
    God bless.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Toyota lower maintenance is not true anymore, in the 90's it used to be... Given you go to the CASA to do your maintenance the difference between the two will be very minimal.

It has always been my rule of thumb that I would buy a higher category lower variant, over a lower category higher variant. So for me Altis E over a City 1.3 and a Vios 1.5.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Altis E. Tas pagawa ka na lang ng keyless entry. Nasa 7k lang ata yan pag sa CASA.

Yup, honda a/c`s arent that good unlike the `yotas.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Basing on your needs, I think the Altis will be better for you. It's relatively fuel efficient as well, but of course the Vios and the City will have better FC readings. However, the disadvantage in consumption is negated by the fact that it's more spacious for your family and more comfortable for long drives.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I would go for the Altis E. Mini Camry yata look ng Altis. Lalo na in the shade of white, ganda! Just install keyless entry & alarm. Yun lang ang dapat mong idagdag. It already has all power amenities plus it has a full size alloy spare tire unlike the Vios steel rim spare tire.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Uhm, dagdag lang.

Innova J ayaw mo? Just put a keyless entry + all-power features = innova e na.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; August 15th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yes indeed! A unanimous ALTIS-E! Spacious and elegant and has the looks to be timeless.

Sabi ng Sales Rep na kausap ko may "Central Lock" na daw itong ALTIS-E, is this the same as the term "Keyless Entry"?

Ang kulang daw is yung Alarm, which i'll try to negotiate na baka pwedeng free na rin ito, at kung pwede nga pati back sensor libre na rin(papayag kaya sila o is it too much to ask considering i'm availing the car through bank loan and not in-house financing).

I also thought of Innova, very good for out of town and can accomodate many passengers. But at my age now kasi i'm looking to enhance the aesthetics of the ALTIS in the future. And also pare pareho na kami ng sasakyan ng GF ko, pati ng pinsan ko dito kapit bahay namen Innova(RED pa sila which is also the color i prefer).
    Para pag ALTIS ako iba naman. :thumbup:

Now i'm confuse wether it's worth to stretch my budget and get the ALTIS-G Manual(818k). Difference is, Light Turn on Side Mirrors, 2 Airbag, LCD audio console, Split rear seats, Retractable Side Mirrors...

54k difference, is it reasonable for me to stretch it some more to avail of the added features? Considering my budget is already tight.

Your insights are very helpful guys. I'm impulsive and your opinions help me balance my priorities. Pls. share your thoughts again. Thank you very much.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir. Upon checking the latest pricelist given to me by toyota just this afternoon. Toyota Altis G is priced at 833k.

AFAIK. The central lock and the keyless entry is different. The central lock is the lock found on the driver`s side controls ( same spot where the window controls are found ). This lock could automatically lock all doors just by clicking on them.

However the keyless entry is the lock/unlock feature found at the key, and this lets you to lock/unlock your car even though you`re not inside the car.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; August 15th, 2009 at 07:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No Central Lock can also mean Power locks. So lock or open the drivers door every other door open or locks as well... Keyless entry means merong radio transmitter yung key to be able to open or lock the car without inserting the key.

Ikaw lang nakakalam kung kaya mo akyatin budget mo so I will leave that up to you pero kung kaya yes going for the G model makes sense.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    go get the altis better sana ung G variant na..
    next year baka ung G variant na kunin namin..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CITY 1.3S or VIOS 1.5GorS or Altis 1.6E (ALL Manual)