New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I had the same choices but i stuck to the City because the resale value of 1.8L engine cars is quite poor after 5 years. Also, since i am the only passenger in the car most of the time, it's better for me to use a smaller car. Add to the fact that i have to make my choice in the 1st quarter of 2009, i chose the City.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks again everyone, i am now leaning towards civic. cant wait to get my hands on one.

i would also like to ask if the following are necessary:

1. sensor kit (modulo i think.)
    front corner sensor 4.5k
    back-up sensor 8.5k
    back-up sensor attachement 9.2k

how come this is more expensive? than other backup sensor honda accents which cost only 4.5k for whole set except front.

2. rustproofing from casa 4k with 6 years warranty.

3. paint protection for casa. forgot what this is called but i think its 4k also. is this same as what being offered by Big B?

4. do i need to hid lamps. if so. doesn't the glass turns yellow after a while? do i need to change horn?

5. do i need turning signal mounted on side mirror? i really like it but it's only being offered with L model which are no longer available. can i buy kit for this?

6. finally door visors and mud guards if not included.

if i dont use honda original, warranty would be void right? specially those who has something to do with electrical.

again thank you everyone for your reply.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    tsaka mo na isipin yan mga additional na yan, pag natry mo na i drive yung civic. unti untiin mo na lang muna. change the horns first para gwapo ang tunog hehe. from cheapest muna, isipin mo may monthly financial responsibility ka kung kukunin mong financing yan. kung cash at may natira ka pa, go kung san ka masaya hehe.

but with the trend ng gasoline prices ngayon eh which tingin ko tataas pa, save it na lang muna.

wag ka ng mag hid kung 20-20 pa naman mata mo kawawa yung nasa unahan mo kung naka 8000k ka pa hehe.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by G ME View Post
    1. sensor kit (modulo i think.)
    front corner sensor 4.5k
    back-up sensor 8.5k
    back-up sensor attachement 9.2k

how come this is more expensive? than other backup sensor honda accents which cost only 4.5k for whole set except front.
    Doesn't Modulo refer to the body kits?

Casa prices for these items are expensive. The only reason to consider them is for peace of mind as the vehicle's warranty will not be affected. Honda will not honor (the warranty) if they find that vehicle in question has had accessories (esp. electrical) installed outside. This is the case, whether or not the defect or damage is related to the work done outside the casa. It is more convenient for them to point fingers at other people's work.

2. rustproofing from casa 4k with 6 years warranty.
    Modern vehicles are factory rustproofed during the manufacturing process. What is meant here, is undercoating. Undercoating is basically spraying a thick black tar-like substance on the underchassis of the vehicle.

This is a cash cow service for the dealer. It will cost much less always when this is done outside the casa. Even gas stations are offering this service.

3. paint protection for casa. forgot what this is called but i think its 4k also. is this same as what being offered by Big B?
    Honda calls it Hydrophilic. At Big Bert's, if I'm not mistaken, it costs Php 1.5K (or even less for sedan) for their version, which is called optiguard.

4. do i need to hid lamps. if so. doesn't the glass turns yellow after a while? do i need to change horn?
    IMO, you don't need HID. Besides, the Civic's headlamp unit is not the projector type, so HID will just add unnecessary glare to oncoming traffic and other people on the road.

5. do i need turning signal mounted on side mirror? i really like it but it's only being offered with L model which are no longer available. can i buy kit for this?
    IMO, this is an unnecessary expense.

6. finally door visors and mud guards if not included.
    All variants of the Civic comes with mud guard as standard equipped. In the V variant, it is just plain black and unpainted. All other higher variants have it painted in the same color as the body.

IMO, door visors are useless bec. they are effective if one cracks open the window. Anything lower or larger opening, the water starts to drip in.

if i dont use honda original, warranty would be void right? specially those who has something to do with electrical.
    Yes. Pls see my comments in Question #1

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    I had the same choices but i stuck to the City because the resale value of 1.8L engine cars is quite poor after 5 years. Also, since i am the only passenger in the car most of the time, it's better for me to use a smaller car. Add to the fact that i have to make my choice in the 1st quarter of 2009, i chose the City.
    ok thanks, ill definitely get the horn first.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Doesn't Modulo refer to the body kits?

Casa prices for these items are expensive. The only reason to consider them is for peace of mind as the vehicle's warranty will not be affected. Honda will not honor (the warranty) if they find that vehicle in question has had accessories (esp. electrical) installed outside. This is the case, whether or not the defect or damage is related to the work done outside the casa. It is more convenient for them to point fingers at other people's work.

Modern vehicles are factory rustproofed during the manufacturing process. What is meant here, is undercoating. Undercoating is basically spraying a thick black tar-like substance on the underchassis of the vehicle.

This is a cash cow service for the dealer. It will cost much less always when this is done outside the casa. Even gas stations are offering this service.

Honda calls it Hydrophilic. At Big Bert's, if I'm not mistaken, it costs Php 1.5K (or even less for sedan) for their version, which is called optiguard.

IMO, you don't need HID. Besides, the Civic's headlamp unit is not the projector type, so HID will just add unnecessary glare to oncoming traffic and other people on the road.

IMO, this is an unnecessary expense.

All variants of the Civic comes with mud guard as standard equipped. In the V variant, it is just plain black and unpainted. All other higher variants have it painted in the same color as the body.

IMO, door visors are useless bec. they are effective if one cracks open the window. Anything lower or larger opening, the water starts to drip in.

Yes. Pls see my comments in Question #1

thanks for the heads up.
    you really saved me a lot of money there.

ok, now i am limiting it to backup sensors and horns,
    rustproofing coz 6years warranty and + pati insides ng doors gagawin daw.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    good choice sa civic na lang rather than the city.

for the upgrades, kung ako yan, titiisin ko muna all stock for the warranty period para walang mavoid na warranty. sayang naman kung may factory defect tapos hindi nila ayusin dahil sa upgrade.

well, thats just me though. congrats in the future on your new purchase.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Civic, belongs to the higher class category..... New face lift soon, and even more face lift for the next 1-2-3 years from now.....

City 2009, is my pick... why?? because 5-years more before Honda will start production for the 4th Gen city here in Philippine soil. Between 2014-2015 the 4th Gen arrives in our shores... Matagal pa bagong maglabas ang Honda ng 4th Gen city sa Pilipinas.... 5-years of enjoyment... Honda City 2009 is the Best sub-compact car for this year, it's fresh, new and fuel effecient.

Bottomline... it depends on your taste, preference , budget, lifestyle..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Honda Civic na. Kahit 1.8S lang.. hehe kasi iba parin yung feeling pag FD ang dala mo. (muka ka pang "Foging Driver" :naughty2:

basta pag kakabit ka ng accessories, unahin mo ang Horns (tulad ng ginawa ko sa FD ko)
    tapos ikaw na bahala sa iba.

kung ako, sa labas na ako magpapakabit ng sensors kasi mas mura pero same lang naman ang quality and function.

eto ang current accessories ko sa FD ko:
    - Hella horns (Expedition sound)
    - Hood and trunk insulators (Genuine Honda)
    - tail pipe finishers (Genuine Honda)
    - plate cover
    - and more to come.. :clap:

HTH

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since this will be your 2nd car...get the City...

pero kung 1st(only) car sa civic ako...

Feature wise lamang yung City againts the lowend ng Civic..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
City 09 1.5e AT or Civic 1.8s AT  help please