The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    somethings to think about

jazz is soon to replaced
    getz from what i can recall, no safety features like abs and airbags
    swift mukang paa ng malaking robot like voltron or voltes v no offense
    avanza count 3 years from now and your car will be hot, hot sa mga carnappers ng ginagawang PUV ang vehicle

alto kung may 500k budget ka naman so why even consider pa

yaris ok talaga itsura and refreshing to look at

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    600k lang daw po budget nya.

so you are limited to getz, picanto, alto na ayaw mo.

Since you are handing it over to your son, take the getz.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ur son wont need much space so Avanza is not needed. The the less than 600k model is so primitive.

Its gotta be Getz 1.1 or 1.4. Or maybe look at Rio also.

*tph - lupit ng FC record mo!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Consider a Getz diesel.

you get a powerful and fuel efficient 1.5L CRDi VGT engine, all power amenities, multi configuration rear seats, cupholders, CD/Mp3 stereo 4 speakers, foglights, rear wiper washer and spoiler and a keyless entry system all for P628,000.

look at camp Honda and for the nearest price (P650,000) all they can give you is a Jazz 1.3S. you may argue that the top Hyundai has no safety features like ABS or airbags, but neither is the base Jazz which is even pricier than the top line Getz. what Honda may be boasting in quality is what it lacks in features. it does have a smaller engine, it doesnt have foglights and heck! a keyless entry for its steep asking price. Hyundai's quality is also a non-issue nowadays IMO. the savings of 22K is another nice thing if you consider the Hyundai. another thing is the resale, being a small car which is a trend nowadays and having a diesel engine, i predict it wont lose much of its value come selling time.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    The best thing I could advise is you test drive the options you have in mind. Also consider the suzuki swift and the "sleeper" which is the Ford Focus Diesel.

For that kind of budget, I would think that the cars I've mentioned are a little bit pricey but nevertheless, your son will be happy I'm sure.

yes, consider also the ford focus diesel..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd support the suggestion to consider the Focus TDCi, kaya lang it's way beyond the stated budget of the TS.

Mas logical yung suggestion ni basti08 regarding the Getz CRDi. Konti lang yung kailangang i-stretch sa budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr
    getz from what i can recall, no safety features like abs and airbags
    Psh, never stopped me from getting an "unsafe" Adventure unit.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wow i wasnt able to thank you guys, after more than two short years, ngayon ko lang uli na-open ang tsikot forum, nakalimutan ko password ko at hinde ko naasikaso ang pag-renew. pasensiya na sa late update.

anyways, i was able to decide after posting this thread last feb. 2008 and in about 3 months time around may 2008, we finally bought the toyota yaris in manual mode.

i tell you, up to now am still enjoying the ride. grabe ang sarap i-maneho sa metropolis manila. tipid pa sa gas-tos ;)

now that my son has finally graduated from high school. i am thinking of buying him another car instead of passing the yaris to him. ayaw ko na munag bitawan ang yaris, am having so much fun with this little groovy thing.

thanks again for the advice tsikoteers, hopefully when we decide for the next ride for my son, i'd be able to list down the choices.

actually meron na akong napupusuan, suzuki jimny...what say you?! ;p

happy driving you all !

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I say amen! Where is your son going to study? If its UST, all the more reason to get the Jimny! And since it's small, that would prevent his classmates from making him the "school bus". The dimensions, being tall height and short length should be perfect for a newbie driver as well. Though there are some other cars out there, if you're looking for 2nd hand like the Ford Escape or the late model Hyundai Tucson diesel.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kar_am_bola View Post
    now that my son has finally graduated from high school. i am thinking of buying him another car instead of passing the yaris to him. ayaw ko na munag bitawan ang yaris, am having so much fun with this little groovy thing.

Why not pass the older Yaris to your son and buy a new one for yourself? :devil:

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kar_am_bola View Post

actually meron na akong napupusuan, suzuki jimny...what say you?! ;p
    bakit naman jimny for your son? why not also the yaris or the equivalent one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Choosy ka ba tulad ko...anong say mo?!