New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Just want to share my thoughts because I am deciding which one to choose, please add or correct me if I am wrong thanks,

Looking for 4x4

Nissan NP300 4x4 VL AT 7
    + Ride comfort
    + Looks
    + Price
    - Rearset Space

Hilux
    + Resale Value
    + Third Party Accessories
    - Price
    - Interior Space
    - Riding Comfort

Colorado
    + Interior Space
    + Engine
    + Euro 4
    + Features
    - Price
    - Resale Value

Mazda BT-50
    + Price
    + Free PMS
    + Interior
    - lack features

Ford Ranger
    + Features
    - after sales
    -reliability

Strada
    + Price
    - Engine

DMAX
    + reliability
    + price
    + features
    + resale value
    - no discounts
    - wife dont like the looks
    - euro 2

My first choice was DMAX but my wife doesnt like the look of it, also ISUZU doesnt offer discount plus may addon pang dinadagdag sa DP while on others they give discount upto 100k
    Second Choice is Colorado, really like it, was in love with it infact but the price is a bit stiff its around 1.7M for their 4x4 TOFL
    Third Choice is Mazda BT-50, just worried if BT-50 uses the same engine as FORD since it has turbo issue
    Fourth Choice is NP300, its cramp in the rear seat
    Fifth Choice Hilux, it feels cramp in the front seat
    Strada - for some reason I don't like it at all buy someone might convince me
    Ford Ranger - Turbo issues

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Could be easier if you could list down your priorities.

Safest bets are the Strada, Hilux and DMax. I'd wager on the Nissan too. The Limited edition Strada looks awesome loaded with accesories. Forgot what they call it, chanced upon the image on a local automobile news site.

Also surprised that you're considering the Colorado but not the Ranger, even mentioning that after sales is a deciding factor.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda bt50 has the same engine, transmission, chasis, suspension and many other parts as the ford ranger. they are basically twins, naiba lang ang skin sa harap.

as for the turbo issues of the bt50/ranger this has already been resolved with a new turbo and software.

the only problem you will have with the bt50 is if you will replace the front bumper with a steel bull bar. i don't think there is any available locally.

i used to have a 2015 bt50 but i sold it due to the turbo problem. but as i said naayos na nila yan, bago na ang turbo ng 2016 and later bt50, ranger and everest. otherwise di ako bibili ng 2016 everest which i enjoy driving so much for the last 16 months already.

if you do choose the ranger or bt50 make sure naka sync3 na. pag sync2 pa old stock nila yun.
    Last edited by yebo; April 30th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ang dami mo kinokonsider, yari ka nga kay dilemma

bottom line ay WAF pa rin masusunod niyan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Yan din mga choices ko, I test drove the Ranger, NP300, Hilux and BT-50.
    And I end up with BT-50 (4x4), released to me this February.
    My deal breaker, is the price and the Yojin. Same platform as the Ranger but 300k cheaper (after discounts)
    And the intended use, its for my business and not my personal daily ride, so porma and ride quality doesn't matter to me.
    Pero matagtag ang BT-50 at hindi kasing gaan ng Ranger ang steering.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Yan din mga choices ko, I test drove the Ranger, NP300, Hilux and BT-50.
    And I end up with BT-50 (4x4), released to me this February.
    My deal breaker, is the price and the Yojin. Same platform as the Ranger but 300k cheaper (after discounts)
    And the intended use, its for my business and not my personal daily ride, so porma and ride quality doesn't matter to me.
    Pero matagtag ang BT-50 at hindi kasing gaan ng Ranger ang steering.

Priorities ko is yung ride comfort or yung hindi matagtag and interior space/legroom , sabi nga nila np300 kaso yung problem doon is thigh mo medyo nakaangat

for the upgrades, I intend to put a rollbar, bullbar, roll and lock bed cover, fender ,primary use will be for school, grocery and buying construction materials like tiles, tile cement, etc

masaya na ako sa 18/17 wheels, no intention to upgrade

crossout ko na pala si bt50

Chevrolet I never heard of any turbo issue unlike Ford that is why I never considered it pero super like ko yun dati then checking the review mukang okay naman, I personally saw it and looks really nice yun nga lang mahal un 4x4 nila

si wifey pala gagamit she's around 5'2 or 5'4

if your curious bakit hindi kotse, lubak kasi kalsada dito sa province and ertiga gamit ko dati sumayad at nastuck up pa kami sa buhangin so 4x4 is a must talaga

pertaining to after sales, i think medyo mahirap lahat dito sa province, kasi inoorder pa sa manila

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Could be easier if you could list down your priorities.

Safest bets are the Strada, Hilux and DMax. I'd wager on the Nissan too. The Limited edition Strada looks awesome loaded with accesories. Forgot what they call it, chanced upon the image on a local automobile news site.

Also surprised that you're considering the Colorado but not the Ranger, even mentioning that after sales is a deciding factor.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk
    yan ba yung strada GT 4x4 ?

is the 2.4 a newer engine or the 2.5?

euro 4 na ba strada?

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    ang dami mo kinokonsider, yari ka nga kay dilemma

bottom line ay WAF pa rin masusunod niyan
    hihihi ako daw pumili pero syempre kailangan may approval si boss

happy wife happy life ika nga

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    mazda bt50 has the same engine, transmission, chasis, suspension and many other parts as the ford ranger. they are basically twins, naiba lang ang skin sa harap.

as for the turbo issues of the bt50/ranger this has already been resolved with a new turbo and software.

the only problem you will have with the bt50 is if you will replace the front bumper with a steel bull bar. i don't think there is any available locally.

i used to have a 2015 bt50 but i sold it due to the turbo problem. but as i said naayos na nila yan, bago na ang turbo ng 2016 and later bt50, ranger and everest. otherwise di ako bibili ng 2016 everest which i enjoy driving so much for the last 16 months already.

if you do choose the ranger or bt50 make sure naka sync3 na. pag sync2 pa old stock nila yun.

wala issue everest mo until now?

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    wow is this specs for real for GT Strada 2017, looks nice i think colorado has still a better spec but mitsu is worth considering
    * New 2.4L (4N15) MIVEC Clean Diesel Engine (Euro4)
    * 7 SRS Airbags
    * 8-way Driver Power Seat Adjust
    * Leather Seats
    * M-ASTC (Mitsubishi Active Stability and Traction Control)
    * (HSA) Hill Start Assist
    * Brake Assist
    * Electronic Dial Type 4wd Selector
    * Raining Sensing Wipers
    * 17-inch Alloy wheels (two-tone) Diamond Design
    * Roll Bar
    * Front Nudge Bar
    * Black Radiator Grille
    * Aluminum Skid Plate

All New Mitsubishi Strada GT - YouTube

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast