New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    ipa test drive mo lahat kay wifey yun choices nyo...well kung sya lagi gagamit baka yun gusto nya din ang masusunod...
    Tapos na yung test drive sir....actually, naka take 2 test drive na for some of them.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by allenjo View Post
    Sir niky that is correct. When my wife test drove the forester, she mentioned mahina daw humatak. Told her, why??? Are you going to gun it ba everytime you're at a stop light. Ganun din sabi niya sa crv when she drove it. Matter of weighing talaga the nitty gritty features to get the best value. Im doing my best to educate her pero i think im doing a bad job since shes not that receptive....in other words pasaway hahaha
    so cx5 or xv premium na ang gusto...alin nalang sa dalawa yun pagpipilian nya...kung yun xv na natupad din gusto mo sir

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you want a compact SUV that feels powerful, has a fair amount of space, and has a respectable image, I'd suggest the Mazda CX-5.

Looks good in red, too.

Among the gas-fed SUVs, I actually like the CX-5 the most.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd be happy with either the XV or the CX5 tech-wise (XV for the boxer and AWD; CX5 for SkyActiv). But AFAIK the XV only comes in Tangerine or Deep Cherry Red

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ako, I'd narrow down between the CRV and CX5. Both engines are known to be among the thriftier ones in the 2.0L gas CUV class. I am still slightly skeptical though, as to how the CX5's engine will fare with the local fuel in the long term since it is GDi. Para sa akin, the CRV exudes more class, while the CX5 is more youthful. Let your wife choose between the two then.

But then, those two are insanely expensive. For 1.33M you can already get a Sorento LX CRDi. Matipid sa diesel at malakas humatak. Higher class pa yan as compared to the two and it most certainly does not look cheap.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... if the wife is heavy footed, the CRDi will fit her. Responsive when she feathers the gas, and frugal, too. There is a worry about the diesel engine in the long term, but aside from the relatively tame EGR issues (which affect everyone), Hyundai-Kia diesels seem less prone to serious engine problems than the competition.

Just get her inside the car, and that will decide it, for you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Grabe, ngayon lang ako nag back read. Lead footed pala ang asawa mo! Cars with output at the vicinity of 150hp does not quench her thirst for speed! :devil: Sorento na talaga kung ganun... Kapag na-test drive na niya baka gusto na bumili on the spot. :clap:

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    so cx5 or xv premium na ang gusto...alin nalang sa dalawa yun pagpipilian nya...kung yun xv na natupad din gusto mo sir
    Not really my gusto sir but weighing everything, it seems like the logical choice given our scenario. Feature value wise, it seems to offer more. And yun nga, i do have my reservations with mazda that im trying to research some more pa.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you want a compact SUV that feels powerful, has a fair amount of space, and has a respectable image, I'd suggest the Mazda CX-5.

Looks good in red, too.

Among the gas-fed SUVs, I actually like the CX-5 the most.
    Hi jut...it does look good in red. Just have to get over the hedge with some questions about mazda, sky activ as a whole. Need to research some more.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I'd be happy with either the XV or the CX5 tech-wise (XV for the boxer and AWD; CX5 for SkyActiv). But AFAIK the XV only comes in Tangerine or Deep Cherry Red
    Comes in all sorts of colors sir. Same colors as the forester. The tangerine and deep cherry were new additions. On a sidenote, noticed that subaru does not charge extra for white pearl models...which is actually good.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Choosing a compact suv - need your help