New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    i think mas okay si captiva..we are planning on getting one..

features are very premium that can only be found in high end SUVs tingnan mo features nya:

*preimium features for AWD variants only

pag Tucson, good luck sa pag iintay
    Captiva, yung gasoline variant sobrang sama talaga ng FC pero yung CRDi, tipid (ang problema mo nalang parts at MAHAL na maintenance)
    Kia Sportage CRDi, maganda ito. hindi na masama ang quality ng Kia kasi Hyundai na rin ang owner.
    Montero Sport, sulit. 1.3M base model diesel A/T. better ride than your Fortuner high ground clearance, more space
    Forester, sarap i drive nito, tama lang ang FC, Sunroof :clap:, konti lang meron, problem lang isa lang ang dealer at service center

kung CRDi ang hanap mo, Montero Sport or Sportage CRDi
    kung gasoline, Forester! (hindi ulit ako boboto sa Tucson)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    among the choices i vote for the base model montero (4x2 A/T Diesel)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the replies.
    I said "I'm not a BIG fan of mitsubishi" due to my previous experience with my 98 Eclipse. Plastics easily broke like the driver seat recliner handle and the driver door handle! Good thing a few months after I sold it, the transmission broke down & the new owner had to shell out 250k+ to have it fixed.
    So now I'm quite hesitant to get the MS since I've read about some quality issues again. All brands have their issues too including Toyota. Sablay talaga tagtag ng fortuner!
    2 have voted for Sportage, 2-3 for MS, 1 captiva, 2 forester.
    any issues with the MS? Forester looks very appealing as of the moment but havent test drove it yet. Captiva looks good though sa AWD lang pala premium features.

to some: wag kayo magalit agad if someone doesn't like a certain brand eg Mitsu, since people have had bad experiences. If you have nothing nice to say, dont post na lang. yes that's for you invinzo
    So far, wala pang nagdedefend ng chevy ha.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well its hard to defend Chevy in this country really. From the crappy Optra to the mediocre Aveo!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    For an SUV, I want rear wheel drive. so it's MS for me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well its hard to defend Chevy in this country really. From the crappy Optra to the mediocre Aveo!
    That's my worry too regarding the Captiva

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    My friend got a captiva. malakas daw sa gaso. tried to sell it but got dissapointed for its resale price. ayun pinagtyatyagaan muna raw nya ng maluma ng konti at mabawi yung pinangbile nya.
    for me test drive the forester. i prefer that one.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    for me okay na ako sa captiva AWD 2.0 VCDi (gas variant totally out of the equation) 1.5M+ for a premium feature..yung everest namin is 1.4M wala pang indicator na dika naka seatbelt..(yes mababaw na dahilan pero dapat meron nito lahat ng oto, heck yung cherry QQ nga merong feature nito e..

sa maintenance lahat naman mataas lalo na pag Casa..sa parts me mahal me mura di naman laging mahal lahat..

i don't have captiva yet, but it's definitely on my top list if i'm going to buy a Crossover Unit...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Captiva is good on paper. But a lack of third party product support and the seeming inability of Chevy to keep itself afloat on the local market can be a potential source of headaches in the future.

Especially considering that a lot of its 'premium features' may break down or require repairs as the vehicle ages.

Tucson or Forester for me. The Subie's dealer network is new also but the enthusiast base is broad which can help with parts and maintenance sources in the future.

The MS is rather pointless if you have a Fort already.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If maintenance is an issue. Get the Tucson. 5-YEARS WARRANTY. Madaling kausap ang mga dealers at ang HARI if you got a claim. Unlike the Japs & its dealer daming palusot para di mo ma-enforce ang warranty mo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Choosing between SUVs: Tucson vs. Forester vs. Captiva vs. Monterosport