New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    From among the substantial number of China-brand cars in the local market, which one (i.e. specific model) somehow got your attention and deserve a chance?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    check out the following:

chery tiggo - rav4 gen2 clone
    haima family - ford lynx copy
    great wall hover - tribute / escape body

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    From among the substantial number of China-brand cars in the local market, which one (i.e. specific model) somehow got your attention and deserve a chance?
    none. I'd rather buy a second hand japanese/korean (Hyundai/KIA) car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only one I'd trust is the Haima Family II... and that's only because it's made on the same production lines with parts from the same suppliers that did the Mazda Familia / Ford Lynx in China a few years back.

The Haima Freema is a wait-and-see... the interior isn't actually as nice as the Family II, and it only comes in automatic. I don't trust old Mazda automatics.

The Tiggo? Meh. Hover? Double. The Chery QQ also uses parts from suppliers that made parts for the original Daewoo Matiz... but the Matiz wasn't a great car to begin with... just a small car... I'd rather get the Alto, instead, as it has better engines.

Ironic, isn't it? The only really good Chinese cars locally are only good because they're licensed copies (down to suppliers, tooling and technology) of Japanese cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Caught my attention ? Hover. Coolbear.

Got my trust ? Ehrr. None, still. :hysterical: I`d rather get a 2nd hand vehicle in which it's condition is top-notch.

I can buy ? Haima, nothing else.

But still, let's wait & see.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Great Wall's Coolbear. Ganda nang quality for a China car. (exterior and interior, engine hindi ko alam hehe)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    rockiee_s is an owner of a Coolbear. Unfortunately ... he's out of the country and he haven't got hold of his unit yet. Lets wait for his review when he gets back at June. ;)

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Why would a car manufacturer name its product COOL BEAR?

Just sayin..

same question i have.....especially when you know all their vehicle line up....florid, cowry, wingle....

out of this world di ba?

this has been addressed by their their Chief Executive in the recent interview by Global times...

[SIZE=3]Although Wang admits there is no way for Chinese cars to compete with high-end foreign brands, such as BMW and Mercedes Benz, she is very confident in the quality of Chinese cars compared with other popular brands.
    “There is no difference in quality between Chinese cars and
    foreign cars except differences in taste, marketing and brand reputation,” Wang said. “In areas as simple as naming our cars in English, we still need to learn from our overseas competitors.”
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Why would a car manufacturer name its product COOL BEAR?

Just sayin..
    cool bear

jus' chillin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Chinese car worth owning