New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What would you recommend between JAC, Foton, Kama, Jinbei, JBC etc...

I'm looking for a 4 wheel aluminum van with less than 4000 kilo gvw. Isuzu engine. Tilt cab. Main concern is reliablility of the Chinese trucks. Ideally I should get a Isuzu NHR but budget is tight and I'm thinking if Chinese trucks are reliable then they may suffice. They are about 30% cheaper than a NHR.

If anyone owns, operates or have experience with the above mentioned brands, pls give your review.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post

I'm looking for a 4 wheel aluminum van with less than 4000 kilo gvw. Isuzu engine. Tilt cab. Main concern is reliablility of the Chinese trucks. Ideally I should get a Isuzu NHR but budget is tight and I'm thinking if Chinese trucks are reliable then they may suffice. They are about 30% cheaper than a NHR.

If anyone owns, operates or have experience with the above mentioned brands, pls give your review.
    Yung tito ko bumili dati ng JAC na truck pang-delivery sa business nila. Pero 1.8L China engine siya. 2008 niya binili, this year binenta na dahil sa dami ng sakit sa ulo. Napakatigas ng clutch niya, hirap gamitin kambyo niya as in parang ayaw pumasok sa gear, at syempre sobrang underpowered. 27tkms lang naka-overhaul na. Naninilaw na kaagad yung white paint job niya a few years after buying at nangangalawang na... Binenta nila earlier this year at pinalitan ng Isuzu IPV, and they have been very satisfied with it.

So far among the China trucks that I've seen, Foton seems to have the best quality. The worst seem to be KAMA and JAC. I've seen both in VERY dire conditions, and sporting Z-plates.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    A surplus Elf or Canter is a better bet than a brand new China truck.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wow 27T kms overhual na! Grabe. Thats what I'm afraid off. What about the Isuzu based engines? I read somewhere that they use genuine Isuzu parts except for the engine block. The block is made in China. Anyone with experience with it?

If its really bad, then I'll consider getting a new NHR thru financing or a used Isuzu or Mitsu truck. However, if Foton has decent build quality, then I'll look at it at their big show.
    Last edited by userfriendly; October 14th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow 27T kms overhual na! Grabe. Thats what I'm afraid off. What about the Isuzu based engines? I read somewhere that they use genuine Isuzu parts except for the engine block. The block is made in China. Anyone with experience with it?

If its really bad, then I'll consider getting a new NHR thru financing or a used Isuzu or Mitsu truck. However, if Foton has decent build quality, then I'll look at it at their big show.
    Hehe~ Pinagproblemahan pa ang parts dahil China engine, walang makunan ng piyesa so strictly casa maintained at ang mahal mahal...

Genuine Isuzu parts? I really doubt it. It would've cost them quite a bit to import parts from Isuzu Japan and they can just license the design and produce the whole engine themselves. But then I suppose you can easily replace those parts with genuine Isuzu when the time comes to do so. The other thing I'm worried about is the rust. Like the Koreans ten years ago, the Chinese have yet to perfect their rustproofing techniques.

I have more faith in Foton as I see quite a lot of them around lately, and even more when various government agencies started buying Foton vehicles.In particular, the QC government bought droves of Foton Tornado's for the barangays. By the looks of it, so far so good.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013

Kung China trucks choices mo, I'd definitely go for KAMA! Hindi pa kasi msyado kilala kaya medyo underestimated pero sa experience namin, OK naman sya lalo na yung 2013 models nila. Yung engine niya is Mitsubishi Canter na 3.2L kaya malakas. I think 94HP yata yun. Exempted pa sa "Truck Ban" kaya walang problema. Saka ang kapal ng chassis! I think isa yun sa mga redeeming feature niya despite being a China brand. Nasa business kami ng construction kaya kailangan namin ng reliable na truck at hindi naman kami nadisappoint sa KAMA. Actually, balak nga namin kumuha uli this year para mapalitan yung JAC na nakuha namin way back.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    funny. our mechanic told me that somebody approach him to repair a kama truck. long story short, he end up removing the engine and replace it with a surplus isuzu engine. napamahal lalo yung owner.

STAY AWAY FROM CHINA MADE GOODS.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    funny. our mechanic told me that somebody approach him to repair a kama truck. long story short, he end up removing the engine and replace it with a surplus isuzu engine. napamahal lalo yung owner.

STAY AWAY FROM CHINA MADE GOODS.
    I beg to differ, there are alot of China goods that have already reach industry quality already just as the Koreans did recently as they have suffered poor reviews way back before they were starting.
    As you know Mitsubishi Fuso Japan is majority owned by the German company Daimler Benz AG by 89.29% and Mitsubishi by 10.71%, just as Foton is owned by Daimler Benz AG by 50% and China company BAIC by 50% anything directly invested by quality makers in Japan, Germany, USA and etc... in China aims for long term business they manufacture according to their companies creed not like the other small manufacturers who prefer to sell more quantity than the quality. Alot of smartphones, PCs and other products are already made in China by foreign companies. The domestic companies only need to have a tie up with technical experts with bigger foreign companies to develop in to a long term business model.
    Why Foton is succeeding where others have not? Check the company profile and the owners and you will see, actually last year Foton trucks outsold Mitsubishi Fuso trucks in our market, they have the same owners "Daimler Benz AG".

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    I beg to differ, there are alot of China goods that have already reach industry quality already just as the Koreans did recently as they have suffered poor reviews way back before they were starting.
    As you know Mitsubishi Fuso Japan is majority owned by the German company Daimler Benz AG by 89.29% and Mitsubishi by 10.71%, just as Foton is owned by Daimler Benz AG by 50% and China company BAIC by 50% anything directly invested by quality makers in Japan, Germany, USA and etc... in China aims for long term business they manufacture according to their companies creed not like the other small manufacturers who prefer to sell more quantity than the quality. Alot of smartphones, PCs and other products are already made in China by foreign companies. The domestic companies only need to have a tie up with technical experts with bigger foreign companies to develop in to a long term business model.
    Why Foton is succeeding where others have not? Check the company profile and the owners and you will see, actually last year Foton trucks outsold Mitsubishi Fuso trucks in our market, they have the same owners "Daimler Benz AG".
    Foton is cheaper than fuso and the reliability of foton is questionable.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My previous post here last 2012 mentioned the QC government issue Foton Tornados with the 4JB1 engine. Its now 2018 and they're still there... Must be pretty good then. I once talked to a barangay personnel who was driving the Tornado a couple of years back. Only had good things to say about it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast