New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    dami nyan dito sa shanghai...grabe! Lahat ata dito sa china pirated eh! yung CEO, sikat na sikat yan dito, ginagawa nila pinapalitan yung mga emblems ng BMW X5....tapos solb na! Pati yang Laibao(Leyvao)莱堡 SRV nilalagyan din nila ng honda emblems!!! Pati ALtis hindi pinatawad dito! Tawag dito BYD F3....Altis body na naka 4G18 mitsu engine tapos tailight ng Honda City!!! Lufet!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Our country has its own share of copy cats, so there is nothing new to what the Chinese auto manufacturers are doing, except that they are doing this at a larger scale. But what amazes me is that China now has more than a dozen companies with their own manufacturing capabilities to produce various types of vehicles.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pagkakaalam ko, china was sued by the U.S. fed gov't doon sa WTO dahil dyan sa piracy na yan,that was three mos. ago... baka pati shabu pirated na rin kaya maraming mga drug dependent na nasisira ang ulo,di ba maraming chinese illegals ang nahuhuli dyan sa atin na nagluluto ng shabu?...no offense sa ibang chinese dyan...nahihirapan siguro sila paano alagaan ang bilyong chinese populace nila kaya mostly pirated ang mga products to augment...IMO lang.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wow lupit ah

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Malabong makita yung ibang cars na pinost dito..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i think if u market it in china, they will change its name. I read somewhere na ang kia ay binebenta sa china pero iba na brand name.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    dami nyan dito sa shanghai...grabe! Lahat ata dito sa china pirated eh! yung CEO, sikat na sikat yan dito, ginagawa nila pinapalitan yung mga emblems ng BMW X5....tapos solb na! Pati yang Laibao(Leyvao)莱堡 SRV nilalagyan din nila ng honda emblems!!! Pati ALtis hindi pinatawad dito! Tawag dito BYD F3....Altis body na naka 4G18 mitsu engine tapos tailight ng Honda City!!! Lufet!
    Holy cr*p! Ang lupit nilang kumopya!!

Sana gawin nila ito sa Civic FD na JDM un front tpos un back eh un US version ng Civic SI (?) hehehee

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by freespin View Post
    i think if u market it in china, they will change its name. I read somewhere na ang kia ay binebenta sa china pero iba na brand name.
    I've been to a KIA showroom yesterday. Brand name is still the same. Went to check out the new Carens and the upgraded Sorento. Full options ang Sorento dito with 3.8L V6 engine.

I see more of the CUV than the CEO here in China.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    That's what you call R & D. And China is good at it.

They Recieve and Duplicate, not Research and Development.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Holy Gazooks! :marvin:

I'm not a big fan of China products (unavoidable really), but I think they could give the Big players a run for their money. Maybe China cars aren't the most technically sophisticated or aesthetically pleasing, but at least they got something right here: take your favorite car body/design, hook up low tech mechanicals (therefore cheaper), give it a shiny paint job and voila! Your most-lusted car look-alike costing hundreds of thousands less than the real thing. Even rodders and tuners go for this strategy with their jap cars mimicking the style and performance of more expensive euro machinery. It's not the real thing but hell the driver feels as if he got one. Don't deny this my enthusiast friends.... :drive1:

I for one couldn't justify the super over-priced cars locally offered :***: (because of tax they say) with less gizmos and performance as against the same car offered like for say, in the US. Even 2nd hand cars cost a fortune here! If you buy new the cars are way too unaffordable even for someone earning a decent wage. A lot of cars offer all sorts of features that you really don't need. How many times do you use your rear defogger or a super-traction control drivetrain in everyday traffic? Or 8 airbags? How about 17-inch alloy rims? Nice to have frills I may say.

Now don't get me wrong, I love having gadgets and we may surmise that these save lives and give us creature comforts. Yes they do but my point is, many features offered on cars nowadays add up too much to the sticker price. I'd prefer a bare car unit with the right engine configuration and chassis fundamentals (with airconditioning please) then work my way up from there. China cars offer much less technology that are not so distant from newer high tech. If they can give me an SUV copycat with leaf springs rather than the latest multilink doodads or air suspension for 300k less, that's fine with me. I'll just go for the rebadging at my local auto supply store hehe. If they plunk in a 1.6 litre engine in place of the 2.5 litre unit, then it's still ok with me. At least I still get the look if not the feel of more frivolous machinery.

I think the China cars will fill a nice niche in the local car scene just like the China bikes did to the two-wheeler community. It opened up a whole new opportunity for more people to taste mobility. Nowadays it's a necessity rather than a luxury. :chopper:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
china cars