New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

We are thinking of these 2 as replacement for my wife's Suzuki Swift. The Chevy Cruze 1.8LS AT (964K) vs Ford Sport 5Dr 2.0 Petrol (934K). What are the pros and cons between the two. I know the Ford will be releasing the new model end of this year, is it wise to wait? or is there a chance that Ford will give huge discount that will give the TDCI to a less a mil due to discount as there is a new version?? Cruze is getting old also, will it have a facelift coming?

Between the two, who is better in terms of:

1. Comfort
    2. Space
    3. Engine Performance
    4. Consumption/Mileage
    5. Handling
    6. Amenities / Addons
    5. Parts/Maintenance
    6. Resale Value

Regards,
    Charles

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Comfort, I would think both are about okay.

Space... or practicality, I would think a hatchback is more practical car, able to carry bigger & more items than a standard sedan.

In regards to performance, the Cruze A/T is slow to accelerate due to it's transmission. Gas or diesel version of the Cruze is the same.

Personally, the CRUZE's looks definitely got "old" pretty fast, given the car is only two years...

Given your choices, I assume you have already considered other cars like the Corolla, Civic, Lancer EX, Elantra, Soul 1.6L, etc?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes, these 2 are my wife's choice, she don't like the others. She also like the coming Mazda 3, but I think it is too pricey, and the engine is just 1.6.. Any idea, what version will Ford bring it here for the new Focus?

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If we're to base our model from the one that Thailand has, then expect a 1.6 and a 2.0 liter model, both in gasoline form. The 1.6 would make 125 hp and the 2.0 GDi would have 170.

I'm still hoping that the 2.0 TDCi stays though. Or resurrects itself with VGT equipped. Now that should be impressive.

Ford steps up and raises the bar with the all-new 2013 Focus in Bangkok

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sir, TDCi is already equipped with VGT ever since. there is a new TDCI engine and it comes with 160ps output from 136ps of the current.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    focus ka nalang. ang ayoko lang sa focus 2.0 is yung gearbox. 4AT. haha

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 4AT is more responsive than the Cruze 6AT in traffic, just like the 4AT and 5AT of the Mazda2 and Jazz are better than the 6DCT of the Fiesta. The number of gears doesn't really tell you much about how good a transmission is.

Chevy Cruze 1.8LS At vs Ford Focus Sport 2.0