The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    need your insights sirs/madames

chevy aveo 1.4 sedan AT
    or
    honda city 1.3 CVT

both will be coming from dealerships in alabang.
    which is better for a young married couple with no kids? both are priced about the same. please include opinion and experience about aftersales service.

thanks for the help sirs/madames.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i recommend you go with the City, in the long run mas panalo ka sa resale, not to mention interior space and quality is much better..plus you get a huge trunk.

even after you have 1-2 children pwede pa rin sya

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hmmm....how about tossing a kia rio in the matchup?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by a4Tech View Post
    hmmm....how about tossing a kia rio in the matchup?
    any word on the hatchback? the sedan is a bit bare.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    The Jazz is better IMHO

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Aveo's only edge is in terms of price and availability of ABS and airbags. I believe both Korean cars (Rio, Aveo) feel a bit less tinny than the City (although the City's sound insulation is very good), but the City has much better plastics and "feel" inside.

In terms of structural strength and rigidity, the Rio and City are much better cars. But if you're getting AT, the Kia Rio's AT isn't much to talk about... the Kia Rio MT is much better.

In terms of practicality, the City wins, hands down. In terms of driving fun, the Rio competes well.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thank you sirs for the replies

wow no votes for the aveo sedan hehe

anyway, im afraid of the much-ranted against honda after sales service.
    is there a way to avoid this?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pick a good dealer. And inspect your unit very carefully before accepting it. Many problems with after-sales services are due to factory defects (in terms of trim and paint, mostly), which some dealerships will try their best to avoid servicing (because they don't get paid for these...). Despite the bad experiences of some people, I know many satisfied City owners.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i bet with the city's facelift, many problems would have been fixed already so its much safer than when it was initially introduced to the market.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Pick a good dealer. And inspect your unit very carefully before accepting it. Many problems with after-sales services are due to factory defects (in terms of trim and paint, mostly), which some dealerships will try their best to avoid servicing (because they don't get paid for these...). Despite the bad experiences of some people, I know many satisfied City owners.
    thanks sir for the reply, any suggestions on a dealership? was thinking of honda alabang, its the nearest.

the wierd thing is i've browsed around edmunds.com and the consumer reviews on the aveo sedan about build quality were great. why is the tsikot community giving it the opposite rating? are the US and RP versions different?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
chevy aveo sedan vs honda city