New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Just wondering what car companies have the cheapest maintainance fee? I'm gonna buy my 1st car soon and I'm choosing between these Suzuki (Swift), Hyundai (accent), Kia (Rio), Ford (Fiesta), Chevy sonic -I know they're expensive but out of curiosity, Mazda (mazda 2), Mitsubishi (Lancer) and Honda (city)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ang dami mo ata napagpilian sir, ano po ba budget and ano po ba hanap niyo sa kotse na gusto niyo? Medyo iba iba kasi ng category yung mga pick niyo.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I guess I have roughly a 800k budget; well you catergorize the cars I'm choosing as fuel efficient (not going for anything that has a 1.8 and higher engine) since I live in qc and I work in makati. Knowing the maintainance cost would help me cross out some of the cars I like

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    If you want cheap maintainance fee in the long run then choose reliable car. From the list I'll pick the lancer and city.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mazda 2 1.3S. Just as fuel efficient as the Vios, with much more character.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greenthunder View Post
    I guess I have roughly a 800k budget; well you catergorize the cars I'm choosing as fuel efficient (not going for anything that has a 1.8 and higher engine) since I live in qc and I work in makati. Knowing the maintainance cost would help me cross out some of the cars I like
    Are you going to maintain it strictly in the casa? If so then Hyundai will be out due to their every-three-months-maintenance money making schemes. Maybe you'd like the Rio 1.4 with the 6 speed manual.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Are you going to maintain it strictly in the casa? If so then Hyundai will be out due to their every-three-months-maintenance money making schemes. Maybe you'd like the Rio 1.4 with the 6 speed manual.
    Yep casa all the way...wow really? never thought the rumors about Hyundai breaking down frequently were true. Is Kia really reliable right now? that's the only thing that is hindering me from making it my top choice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mazda 2 1.3S. Just as fuel efficient as the Vios, with much more character.

Is the maintenance expensive?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The rule of thumb is if the car has more electronics it has more crap that can go wrong. Fancy transmissions especially are an egregious offender.

Another vote for the Mazda 2...that car is ridiculously basic, both mechanically and electronically, and all the better for it. Proof that basic need not mean boring, unlike the sleep-inducing Vios.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If we're talking dealership maintenance, nothing is "cheap" to maintain. Best you can hope for is a car with extended 10,000 kilometer oil change intervals so your dealership visits are few and far between.

If you're allergic to dealership service and want to spend very little to nothing on a car, sure, you can get something like a Vios, just like the taxi services do. Spend as little on maintenance as they do and end up with a five year old car that overheats in traffic and has to have its hood popped open all the time.

Not that a Vios is unreliable, but it only costs a lot less to maintain if you do a lot less maintenance. I used to see a lot of "cheap to maintain" Toyotas at the shops getting expensive repairs because their owners were cheap.

Cheap maintenance requires cheap cars. The Vios is actually cheap to own and run, but even cheaper? The Alto. Spare parts outside the dealer cost less than Vios parts, and gas, registration and insurance are out of this world.

Or you could go for an L300 or a Crosswind XT. AC maintenance isn't cheap for the bigger vehicles, but the rest of the mechanicals are all rough and ready and more durable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    How cheap is cheap to you? How much are you willing spend for car maintenance? Bear in mind that the answers in here are very subjective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cheapest maintainance fees aside from toyota?