New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    sentra, madami parts, pero dated na ung design ng local sentra natin..FC ng 1.3L ay worst than either the 1.6L at 1.8L
    Yup, we have a Sentra GX 1.3 and it's quite thirstier in gas compared to the two others. Probably because of the big built, but it seats more comforably.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    city..honda, medyo may kamahalan ang maintenance, mas madaming bagong knicknacs..
    Plus if you have the 1.3 i-DSI engine, you replace twice the number of spark plugs. It has 8, I think .. but the new one with i-VTEC 1.3 could easily be a favorite..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    the vios would've been my guess too, pero di kaya mas mahirap/mabusisi ayusin ung engine niya? can your neighborhood talyer be able to handle it, or talagang casa ang bagsak mo?

while the sentra's engine is older, baka naman it's a lot easier to diagnose/fix since simpler siya compared to VVTi's/VTEC's
    sa dami ng taxi at police car na vios, siguro yung mga mekaniko ay nagiging familiar na din sa engine nito

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    the vios would've been my guess too, pero di kaya mas mahirap/mabusisi ayusin ung engine niya? can your neighborhood talyer be able to handle it, or talagang casa ang bagsak mo?

while the sentra's engine is older, baka naman it's a lot easier to diagnose/fix since simpler siya compared to VVTi's/VTEC's
    Kung mga mechanical parts lang ang involved sa repair eh kaya yan ng mahuhusay na neighborhood shop, pero kung ang problema ay related sa onboard electronics eh syempre shop na may qualified equipments for that particular repair. Lahat ng new cars ay parehas lang ang situation IMHO, casa pa rin ang bagsak kung di kaya sa labas.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sentra, madami parts, pero dated na ung design ng local sentra natin..FC ng 1.3L ay worst than either the 1.6L at 1.8L

(ung FC ba u mean it Fuel Consumption?)

>>mas matakaw ba ang 1.3 carb type than 1.6 EFI?

May car is Nissan Sentra FE 99 model. For a long time im riding toyota big body from diff year models and engines. I found out mahina mga shocks at mga pang ilalim ng toyota and the cooling system is not that good..

>>can you pls give me some facts about nissan sentra FE (whether its a positive or negative points) ?

thank you very much and i hope that may quiries would merit your attention... god speed!

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?"
    1 Corinthians 3:16

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NISSANFE99 View Post
    >>can you pls give me some facts about nissan sentra FE (whether its a positive or negative points) ?

FC=fuel consumption

The 1.3 in the Sentra we're talking about here is EFI.

It's such an odd case in the Sentra we are talking about here, which is the GX. Its 1.3 EFI engine consumes more fuel than it's counterpart 1.6 and 1.8 engines which both have VTC (Valve Timing Control), simply because the big car feels so underpowered with such small engine. You can do well fuel economy in city traffic but once you go cruising on highways with passengers and the AC on, you will feel the heaviness of the car (as if it struggles to accelerate) so it drinks more gasoline.

That's one reason why I don't frequently drive my bro's Sentra GX.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Guys. Alternative.

GO for Hyundai ACCENT

Cheap siya i maintain kahit diesel. Ang tipid pa. Mas matipid pa sa tatlong yan. Pinaka mabilis pa.Mas mabilis pa siya sa Bagong Altis na 1.6 ang engine.

1.3 na vios,sentra,city

versus

1.5 na Hyundai Accent

Ang Engine nito german engineered kia ndi ka mpapahiya.

ALtis 1.6 engine 109ps lang
    Accent 1.5 Engine 110ps n sia.

Go for test drive for u to believe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kjcc0012 View Post
    Guys. Alternative.

GO for Hyundai ACCENT

Cheap siya i maintain kahit diesel. Ang tipid pa. Mas matipid pa sa tatlong yan. Pinaka mabilis pa.Mas mabilis pa siya sa Bagong Altis na 1.6 ang engine.

1.3 na vios,sentra,city

versus

1.5 na Hyundai Accent

Ang Engine nito german engineered kia ndi ka mpapahiya.

ALtis 1.6 engine 109ps lang
    Accent 1.5 Engine 110ps n sia.

Go for test drive for u to believe
    Agree.. kaya lang talo sa features at accessories compared sa tatlo. Pero lamang na lamang sa FC. Kung high "mileage and long time" user ka sigurado panalo ka sa cost of ownership nito.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    in theory yes, the Accent should be cheaper the longer you keep it...though the high-techiness of the engine concerns me. All variants have the VGT right?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Accent is very practical and fuel efficient car. Pero the interior is so dull compared to a Vios or City. Dami ding kulang na creature comforts and safety gear. I guess if you have a diesel engine you need to cut corners just to sell it at a competitive price.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    in theory yes, the Accent should be cheaper the longer you keep it...though the high-techiness of the engine concerns me. All variants have the VGT right?
    After 3 - 5 years all diesel powered cars probably are crdi-vgt engines. Hindi na ito "high-techiness". Actually parehas lang maintenance tulad ng old diesel engine e.g. change oil, change filters, etc. Yun nga lang kailangan at least more than a minute to shut off engine after your last stop to protect the vgt turbo charger. Wala pa naman ako narinig na nagka problemang accent particularly ang kanyang crdi engine, kung meron man usually pertaining to clogged fuel filter dahil na rin sa maruming diesel oil but then kung dirty diesel oil ang pag-usapan kahit ang old engine is not immune to this, magkakaproblema rin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
cheaper to maintain: Vios, City, Sentra?