New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For a P1.475M vehicle, insurance is P30.5k and chattel is P15k, or thereabout, from our latest canvassing.

I believe the insurance is proportional to the vehicle cost but chattel is proportional only to the loaned amount, i.e., vehicle cost - downpayment.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Car insurance rates: For private cars - the rate is from 2% to 2.5% or higher; commercial vehicle 1.0% to 2%. Depende sa company and the agent. An agent would get 10 to 30% commission.

:coffee:[SIZE="1"]3213[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Car insurance rates: For private cars - the rate is from 2% to 2.5% or higher; commercial vehicle 1.0% to 2%. Depende sa company and the agent. An agent would get 10 to 30% commission.

:coffee:[SIZE="1"]3213[/SIZE]
    This computation is for the premium only based on the Own-damage/theft or value of the vehicle. You have to add the taxes (local and national) plus the Vat and premium for what insurance companies called Bodily Injury and Property Damage, though minimal only...

The chattel more or less equals the monthly amortization of the loan.

It is best to get your car insurance from your Banks rather than from the dealers or direct from Insurance companies because banks dont get commissions. In this way, they can offer lower insurance premiums.

Better yet, get quotations from banks, dealers and insurance companies, then compare and haggle among them who can offer the lowest rate.. Thats how you can get the lowest rate.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    newbie din po my chatell is 13k and insurance 28k from the dealer,okay po ba ito.Toyota innova D4D worth 1050k.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWinger View Post
    Thx Lui! Promise nxt time kukuha ako tsekot sa iyo ako tatawag muna. Kasi medyo kulang lang yun budget ko ngayon. Kayo adventure muna kinuha ko.
    hehe no prob sir... nga pla we also sell mitsu (unio motor) and suzuki auto kalookan.. salamat po

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tagaisla View Post
    newbie din po my chatell is 13k and insurance 28k from the dealer,okay po ba ito.Toyota innova D4D worth 1050k.
    AFAIK, medyo mataas ang insurance premium na yan. No idea about the chattel mortgage though.

When my in-laws got their Innova around 2 yrs ago, the insurance premium was only less than 20K.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    In our Insurance, In case of damage we pay the first P3,000 then may participation depending on the age of the vehicle. Seems different from what I read here.

Will somebody explain this . . . please. which is better deal?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    hehe no prob sir... nga pla we also sell mitsu (unio motor) and suzuki auto kalookan.. salamat po
    Oo nga pala! Limot ko meron ka rin Mitsu. Pero medyo maganda kasi offer na kuha ko. kaya d na ako makahindi.
    Sa insurance naman pwede pa yata bawasan yun. Sabihin mo lang na mayoffer na lower than what they are offering right now. Mababawasan nila yun.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tagaisla View Post
    ser, halos parehas lang ang figures natin but mine was 2-yrs back (mas mataas ang chattel ko pero mas mababa naman ang insurance), 2.0 G A/T variant ang sa akin.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kami din halos ganun din, our civic 1.8s acquired thru bank loan, 28k insurance, 12K chattel mortgage. ang mahal pala next year sana pwede magpalit ng insurance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chattel Mortgage and Insurance Guides for Brand new cars