New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hello guys need help I am comparing I just need MT, what are the pros and cons I need best Fuel efficient space and features and safety will use it to go to school my budget is less than less 700 newbie here thnx

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    wala pa pong makakapag advise about Mirage's actual efficiency as this is yet to be released although sales have been already made during the PIMS.

As for the rest of the models, considering 1.0 MT models lahat:

Fuel Efficiency - depends upon your driving habit
    Spare parts availability - #1-celerio #2-picanto #3-spark
    Engine Specs -
    Picanto - 3 cylinder in-line, 12-valves with Dual CVVT
    Spark - 4 cylinder, 8Valve SOHC
    Celerio - 3 cylinder, 12 valves K10B
    Space - #1 Picanto, #2 Celerio, #3 Spark

I suggest you test drive them all so you can feel the difference in handling. And with your budget, you can go to higher displacement models like Altis or Vios.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mirage isn't out yet, so there are no real world numbers for efficiency.

If you're considering the Celerio, might as well consider the Eon. The Eon has more legroom, headroom and cargo space than the Celerio.

Fuel efficiency:
    1. Eon
    2. Celerio
    3. Spark 1.0
    4. Picanto 1.0

Space:
    1. Picanto/Spark - huge interiors.
    2. Eon - Only thing lacking is elbow room.
    3. Celerio - seriously, the only thing the Celerio has is elbow room. The rear seats have no headroom or legroom compared to the Eon.

Features:
    1. Picanto
    2. Everyone else

Safety: They're all about the same.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Celerio - seriously, the only thing the Celerio has is elbow room. The rear seats have no headroom or legroom compared to the Eon.

agree.... sobrang sikip ng celerio..... maski sa front seats sobrang sikip.....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sa features, space tsaka safety, pinakalamang ang mirage. parang vios ang interior space, fully loaded din sa features and safety like airbags, EBD, etc. yun nga lang, hindi pa out and wala pang test drive. might as well wait for it kung kaya

but with your budget, pwede ka pa sa vios, rio, accent e

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would think it would be worth waiting for the Mitsu MIRAGE to be launched in November 2012. The price for the package is very good. The only question is the fuel economy and the only way to get those figures is for us to wait.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you can wait the mitsu mirage may be worth waiting for.

The Vios J is also within your budget. I think it sells for 617,000, you might get some discounts from Toyota. I dont know if they still have the loyalty program. Basically, if your immediate family member has a Toyota registered under his/her name they give you 40 or 50K discount. The Vios is very fuel efficient and is bigger than the other cars your looking at.