New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sus kahit anong kotse pa yan, if you’re driving anywhere outside a straight and relatively empty expressway, it’s more a matter of the driver than the car.

Malalaman mo sino mabilis when you go to a track with equal machinery. Or worse, I know people with tuned sports cars talo pa ng naka-Mirage na 1.2 sa Clark.

You buy a fast car for your enjoyment. If you buy it to try and go faster than other people, it’ll be sad when you encounter a reckless subcompact driver who happens to swerve better and pick better lines on public roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sus kahit anong kotse pa yan, if you’re driving anywhere outside a straight and relatively empty expressway, it’s more a matter of the driver than the car.

Malalaman mo sino mabilis when you go to a track with equal machinery. Or worse, I know people with tuned sports cars talo pa ng naka-Mirage na 1.2 sa Clark.

You buy a fast car for your enjoyment. If you buy it to try and go faster than other people, it’ll be sad when you encounter a reckless subcompact driver who happens to swerve better and pick better lines on public roads.

Amen to that! Lakasan lang talaga ng loob. May iba dyan, kinakabahan na ng 120kmh.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Just test drove a Subaru Legacy 2.5 Turbo which I am planning to buy, kasama ko driver ng may ari. Sabi di daw makahabol Innova dun. Cars most commonly found Driving Recklessly, Speeding...

I mean, if he compared a 265hp powered car to an Innova, most probably people think diesel PPVs and pick ups are fast... only in their mind. Cars most commonly found Driving Recklessly, Speeding...Cars most commonly found Driving Recklessly, Speeding...Cars most commonly found Driving Recklessly, Speeding...
    Asa pa makahabol Innova dyan. By the way, you can tune that EJ25 to around 400hp when paired with the 5AT tranny.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Is This Ancient Renault Faster Than An Aston Martin, Bentley and BMW? | The Grand Tour - YouTube

Reminds me of this

The car doesnt matter in real world conditions

Of course it matters in open expressways

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Just test drove a Subaru Legacy 2.5 Turbo which I am planning to buy, kasama ko driver ng may ari. Sabi di daw makahabol Innova dun. ��

I mean, if he compared a 265hp powered car to an Innova, most probably people think diesel PPVs and pick ups are fast... only in their mind. ������
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Still they are not as quick as cars with turbo petrol engines in stock tune. Most of these PPVs can’t even go 0-100kmh in 10 seconds.

If you want quick and fast cars, turbo petrol is the best choice.

Same story with my test drive of a friend's 2013-2018 Subaru Forester XT. Di makahabol yung Fortuner (2nd gen 2016-) at yung Everest 3.2L sa SLEX.

Yes. nasa isip ko lang yung pagkabilis ng Innova or Fortuner or any similar vehicle na turbo diesel. I already drove the Innova 2nd gen which has a potent 2.8L engine it can do 200+ kph, still it out accelerated by the Forester XT or any turbocharged gasoline engined car or an SUV with more than 250+ HP. The Forester felt more like a rocket ship compared to the Innova's fighter plane acceleration.

It's just the torque (lakas hatak) that I felt on the Innova/Fortuner 2.8L (or any PPV). Because of the peak torque of the GD engines at early RPMs I considered them so "fast".

I use to drive a non turbo gas vehicle now. Before I daily drive a 2.5L D4D Innova. Sanay na kasi ako sa common rail turbo diesel.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Amen to that! Lakasan lang talaga ng loob. May iba dyan, kinakabahan na ng 120kmh.
    Guilty.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

inatake nako ni corazon at 100 kph.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Guilty.
    Di lang ako. Marami pa dito. Yung isa nga kilala ko, may free pass sa speeding sa SCTEX. Hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    inatake nako ni corazon at 100 kph.
    Baka himatayin ka Doc kung ako nagmamaneho. Hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Baka himatayin ka Doc kung ako nagmamaneho. Hehehehe

malamang.
    heh heh.

one day, my son was driving me.
    "anak, poco poco ka lang at baka atakehin ako. jan ka lang sa 60-80 kph."
    i could hear him grit his teeth...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Depends on the car too. On a really fast car you can reach those high speeds fairly quickly. Sandali lang over 200kph ka na, vs taking a slow car up to that speed ang tagal mo naka baon sa accelerator.

"Slow car fast" is a lot scarier on the public roads.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast