New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Does the car's image matter?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it does

31 77.50%
  • No, it doesnt

7 17.50%
  • What's image?

2 5.00%
  • I have no image!

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no, but with one exception - the VW new beetle :flower:

another clarification - i do look at brand when i shop, but not for image. to me, brand signifies reputation (like honda=quality, bmw=performance, etc.) and i use that to set an expectation of what i'm likely to get.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i think we buy cars that reflect our personalities.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Minsan nasa nagdadala din iyan. hehehe.

Image does matter sometimes. Mas important pa siguro ang 'image' sakin kaysa yung 'prestige' ng sasakyan. Mas ok kung yung image ng sasakyan mo ay tugma din sa personality mo.

E.g. kimpOy and his Strada - both are rough, tough, and ready to roll.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If image is a concern, any car can have a makeover to make it look better, even a mommy car.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Just one of many factors.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako total opposite ng dina-drive ko. I'm not into 4x4 pero I'm stuck with a strada for daily ride. I sparingly drive a mini-van if I dont like the punishing ride of a diesel truck. still not me, kasi wala pa naman ako mga anak.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    a car is a car, its main purpose is to take you from point A to point B, no more, no less.

car = image? pogi points? nahhh...its all illusion people.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    car = image? pogi points? nahhh...its all illusion ppl.
    we are talking about, considering the car's image/looks. not how would you look like when you have a car.

besides, we don't tolerate 'txt' language here. please feel free to use your keyboard. haven't you read our rules and regulations?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    imo, if we talk about a car's image, we usually refer to how it is generally perceived by the public. that's why forums like this (i.e. where you get professional & general consumer feedback) are helpful in aiding a person in his decision to buy a car that is attuned to his expectations...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz
    imo, if we talk about a car's image, we usually refer to how it is generally perceived by the public.
    In that case, people would probably look at our 06 Sonata and think it's an old Honda. I guess that could still be considered a compliment....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
The Car's Image