New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi all, I've been a member of this forum since 2012 but I usually just lurk and read reviews...

Finally I think I'm ready to buy my very first car and I'm posting this thread to ask for suggestions for the best vehicle that can fit most if not all of the following criteria:

1. Must be comfortable for a 6'2
    2. Hopefully with good design (pang binata at pangmatangkad)
    3. For everyday city driving (Alabang to Ortigas)
    4. Under PHP 1 million
    5. 5 or 7 seater is fine

Just the thought of maybe one of your suggestions will be my very first ride makes me so excited haha.
    Looking forward to reading your responses! Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An officemate here is 6-2 and drives an Alto 800, & loves it to death... ^^

For 1M, the entry level Tucson a/t is within your sights, the ubiquitous Innova E a/t in d4d is also in the mix, plus the manual Hilux or Strada if you're into really big drives. The traditional Grand Vitara is also at that range.

For mid sized sedans, you can't miss with the Altis or the Civic or the new Mazda3 in 1.5L guise

Good luck in your car hunt!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by Newcomer123; November 3rd, 2014 at 05:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Hi all, I've been a member of this forum since 2012 but I usually just lurk and read reviews...

Finally I think I'm ready to buy my very first car and I'm posting this thread to ask for suggestions for the best vehicle that can fit most if not all of the following criteria:

1. Must be comfortable for a 6'2
    2. Hopefully with good design (pang binata at pangmatangkad)
    3. For everyday city driving (Alabang to Ortigas)
    4. Under PHP 1 million
    5. 5 or 7 seater is fine

Just the thought of maybe one of your suggestions will be my very first ride makes me so excited haha.
    Looking forward to reading your responses! Thanks!

Toyota innova J or e
    2.5 d4-d or 2.0 vvti
    7 seater has diesel and gas engine
    comfortable to drive
    has adjustable stering height
    has lot of cupholders

Mitsubishi GL/GLX
    a pick-up truck
    2.5 4d56 engine
    comfortable sating position
    has adjustable steering column

Isuzu crosswind xt le
    2.5 4jai engine
    has fog lights
    3inch monitor
    reverse camera ready
    may not be the fastest or
    the quietest but i'm sure
    you can fit inside

Isuzu Dmax LT 4x2
    2.5 engine
    all power
    huge bed

Mitsubishi advnture Glx Se/Gls Sport/Supersport
    ranging from 755-965k
    AUV
    has a 7inch monitor for the mentioned variant

Kia Soul 1.6 a/t diesel
    1.020M
    it is a compact car
    can fit 3 balikbayan box in with the
    2nd row folded

Suzuki sx4 FWD

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a civic, an altis, a lancer or a mazda 3 will suit you fine.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Innova E na yan

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks everyone for the responses!

The Tucson was not an option for me because I have an uncle and a cousin who owns a Tucson and though their experience with the car overall is good, they had problems with after-sales daw.

As for the sedans, I really love Mazda 3's look, its by far the best looking out of all the suggested cars so far but you guys sure it has enough leg room? So far Ive only tried Civic, I wouldnt say it has generous leg room but pwede na. Altis di ko pa rin nasubukan though parang hindi ko type ang Altis. How about Cruze?

Innova is also an option for me since it can accommodate more people kaya lang very generic ang look. I think I'll pass on the pick-ups.

Very hard to decide considering na pinag-ipunan ko to.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses!

The Tucson was not an option for me because I have an uncle and a cousin who owns a Tucson and though their experience with the car overall is good, they had problems with after-sales daw.

As for the sedans, I really love Mazda 3's look, its by far the best looking out of all the suggested cars so far but you guys sure it has enough leg room? So far Ive only tried Civic, I wouldnt say it has generous leg room but pwede na. Altis di ko pa rin nasubukan though parang hindi ko type ang Altis. How about Cruze?

Innova is also an option for me since it can accommodate more people kaya lang very generic ang look. I think I'll pass on the pick-ups.

Very hard to decide considering na pinag-ipunan ko to.
    That's true pagpinaghirapan mahirap talaga pumili

Why is the innova too generic?? Do you mean
    you like the jurrasic auv better?

BTW suzuki sx4 is rare on PH roads
    the cruze is nice too but I'm not
    sure of parts

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How about an Altis? It's quite spacious and extremely comfortable. It's guapo too

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go innova! the driver's seat is height-adjustable, and has generous driver- and rear passenger legroom.. the 2nd row is adjustable to-and-fro.. and since you're 6'2", you should have no trouble at all in getting in..
    and if you donj't like it, you can re-sell it easily. it holds its resale value pretty well. but i doubt you won't fall in love with it... i have heard of only one pretender who claims he did not like the innova at all.

the newer civics and citys, and altises, i think, have steering wheels that are tilt- and reach- adjustable. an advantage for those who do not fall within the average driver size..

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 3rd, 2014 at 07:55 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My thoughts on sub-1M cars I've driven:

Altis 1.6V - comfy car, lots of features, good engine, but very boring to drive

Mazda 3 1.5V - great looks, great features, great handling, but anemic engine and tiny rims

Cruze 1.8 LS - spacious, but looks old already, 1.8 engine is actually slow and has poor FC

Civic 1.8S - good engine, balanced ride, but way too bare for its price, not a superstar anymore unlike the FD it replaced

Fiesta Ecoboost - great engine, great handling, lots of features, but pretty cramped and can become a potential headache because of transmission problems

Strada GLX - good ride height, durable suspension, but nowhere as refined as a sedan. I don't like the ride of the Strada because it's too soft and tall so weight shifts during braking and acceleration are so prominent that it gets nauseating if you're not the driver. Pretty bare also except for the GPS touch screen head unit.

Innova E - most practical car in the Philippines IMO bec of its space, durability, fuel efficiency and ease of maintenance. Boring as hell though and definitely not "pang-binata"

If I were to choose, it'd either be the Altis, Fiesta, or Mz3.

Each of them has one big flaw - the Altis is boring, the Fiesta is unreliable, the Mz3 is slow, so just choose which of those you can live with.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast