New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi guys! Im looking to buy a 2nd hand or brand new small car and my choices are 06 honda jazz, suzuki swift, chevy spark and other cars that you can recommend. I want something that has individuality and a little sporty for a college student also if its under 500k it would be a bonus.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Brandnew Hyundai i10 or Accent costs 538k and 588k kaso MT to. If you can stretch your budget a little more try checking the new Swift. 729k ata yung MT variant nito.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The best brand new deal you can get is the Hyundai Accent 1.4GL M/T. Price is at 588k and I hear you can even get discounts if you're lucky. The looks are very sporty indeed, and its got performance to come with it. 106hp 1.4L CVVT engine coupled to a very light body and a manual transmission would result to a fast and fuel efficient car. And at this price, its got performance equal to or even exceeding its more expensive or even higher variant rivals.

If you really like the 1st generation Jazz, then take it. Just make sure you get a well maintained unit. The best variant is the 1.5VTEC M/T and there aren't many of them on the streets let alone for sale. If you happen to get a CVT version, better take extra good care of it as it has been known for many very costly issues.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    speaking of uniqueness, individuality, and you're in college, i would also suggest to take a look at Suzuki Jimny. Just be sure that it won't eat your world. LOL (an old tsikot community joke!) a hard-core 4x4, made in japan (Suzuki orders them from Japan <<CBU>> as they get in our shores as brand new), seats 4 people (kung ayaw mong gawin kang school bus ng tropa mo) and it runs with an engine that is almost similar with the ones that propels a Vios/Yaris or a City/Jazz (at least yung displacement ng makina.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    speaking of uniqueness, individuality, and you're in college, i would also suggest to take a look at Suzuki Jimny. Just be sure that it won't eat your world. LOL (an old tsikot community joke!) a hard-core 4x4, made in japan (Suzuki orders them from Japan <<CBU>> as they get in our shores as brand new), seats 4 people (kung ayaw mong gawin kang school bus ng tropa mo) and it runs with an engine that is almost similar with the ones that propels a Vios/Yaris or a City/Jazz (at least yung displacement ng makina.)

A few issues with the Jimny....

It's small engine and transmission combination might be good for a small 4x4 vehicle but it also results in poor performance on the city roads. You will have to squeeze the engine hard to get it to anywhere near 100kph.

It's suspension might be more suited offroad as well, it's ride comfort can be considered poor.

As for the four seating capacity, the ones seated at the front might be comfortable, but those at the back seats might end up with leg cramps from being unable to move at all. The rear seats is better used as a padded cargo area for bags and stuff.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder35 View Post
    Hi guys! Im looking to buy a 2nd hand or brand new small car and my choices are 06 honda jazz, suzuki swift, chevy spark and other cars that you can recommend. I want something that has individuality and a little sporty for a college student also if its under 500k it would be a bonus.
    Sir since you said that you're a noob driver like me, I suggest you get a hold of a second hand unit first just to get a hang of driving a car. Preferrably below 200k.

There are lots of options within that budget like toyota big body, nissan s3 or s4, civic EG. Then after 6 months to 1 year you can sell it again to buy your dream car.

Well if you let me choose among your choices, I'll get the Swift coz it's less common than the Jazz. The Spark for me is too small kasi.

Accent is also good, but the Elantra is ***ier. Just saw one at a booth of Hyundai in MoA. Ganda talaga nung Elantra..

Car for a noob driver