New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    in my opinion, the mazda2 sedan looks better than its fiesta sedan counterpart... especially from the rear.

but looks are subjective.

the mazda2 sedan doesn't have the following:
    1)USB support
    2)Multi-information display
    3)Wide angle side mirrors
    4)E-Z capless fuel system
    5)separate interior lights for the passenger and the driver

but... compared to its trend counterpart (pag sa sport vs. sport wala talaga ang daming stuff ng sport fiesta)
    1) the mazda 2 *feels* more spacious due to a larger greenhouse
    2) steering wheel audio controls (love this feature)
    3) "open" glove box
    4) fuel filler cap that locks with the door locks (if you're worried about this)
    5) fog lights as standard
    6) backup sensors as standard (but you could probably get this for the fiesta, kung mabait SA mo. hehe.)

and there are the other small touches in the mazda 2... like the ram air intake, the multi-hinge bootlid (compared to the gooseneck in the fiesta), the fuel filler cap is welded onto its holder, and the engine bay looks neater.

in terms of driving, the mazda2 is said to be more exciting near the limit, probably because it doesn't have the electronic stability program that the fiesta has. but it has the sharper steering and in terms of driving performance, the 4AT in the mazda is as good as the 6DCT in the fiesta due to its gearing. (the mazda2 is a tad bit faster to the hundred mark than the fiesta, if I remember)

the baggage space in the mazda2/fiesta is big. and if you really have to bring a 40 inch flatscreen, the rear seats fold down for even more space

if you want to get a jazz.. erm, I suggest waiting for the upcoming one with the updated engine and new CVT. not sure when that's gonna come out, though.

in terms of driving, the 1.3 city/jazz looks powerful on paper, but as they say... there's no replacement for displacement (better torque delivery in the mazda 2 and fiesta). And that 5 speed A/T confers little in the way of fuel economy (the 4A/T of the mazda 2 cruises at 2,700-2800 RPM, while the 5A/T of the city/jazz has it at 2,500. the 6A/T of the fiesta does it in 2,300 RPM, though.)
    Once i see it in actual the hatchback, maybe i might change my mind.. Hmmm since im not thinking of getting the fiesta sport. Mazda2 might be also possible option for me. Yah from youtube, mazda2 really is better car for on the road.. I just saw a Ford fiesta video right now and the rearseat legroom seems to be okay. If that is the case jazz is out, i might check the A/T mazda2 and Fiesta, but not the sport version because of the limited budget.

By the way, which of the 3 have low maintenance cost and PMS(still one of my very concern).... Fiesta, mazda2 , jazz?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *Tradewind: they'll have the same cost... which is expensive!

just kidding.

the fiesta and mazda2 are probably gonna have the same PMS cost, and have the same service intervals...

kahit vios mahal pag sa casa eh.

kung gusto mo sureball na sobrang mura ang maintenance after ng warranty... vios talaga ang number 1 kasi maraming, maraming parts.. (kasi taxi)

Mazford told me that they don't have mazda2 or fiesta parts at the moment, kasi talagang bago pa yung dalawang yan... but they'll have them once cars start going out of warranty

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    You forgot one exteremy neat safety feature the Fiesta Trend 1.6 PS has that the Mazda 2 does not nor any of the others like Yaris and Jazz don't. That's the ESP or ESC (that what they call it in the US) short for Electronic Stability Program/Control... It modulates the steering electronically to avoid skidding during evasive manuevers... It is a required safety feature in all 2012 US car models and any car without it can't be sold in the US by 2012... So you can see the importance of it as far as the US DOT (Dept. of Transportation and its NTHSA agency) is concerned...

As for the Fiesta's gearing, the Tsikot.com Fiesta boys found a solution around that and made the shifting shorter and smoother... It involves resetting the ECU but its a simple process and I can confirm its effectiveness... Thanks to ryandude for the tip!
    yeah, that's why the fiesta probably handles more predictably at the limit - it has an electronic stability program.

both cars got 4 stars at the EURO NCAP, by the way.

both cars handle remarkably well with the mazda2 having a sharper, more direct feel. It's almost 100 kg lighter than its ford cousin. heehee.

if the fiesta had a manual mode for its 6 speed DCT and a way to turn off the ESP... perfect na talaga!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tradewind26 View Post
    Yah from youtube, mazda2 really is better car for on the road.. I just saw a Ford fiesta video right now and the rearseat legroom seems to be okay.
    Speaking of YouTube, you see chicks dig the Fiesta...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzftPq3wX_8"]YouTube - 2011 Ford Fiesta - AutoTrader New Car Review[/ame]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hay hindi ko pala naintindihan to...Panu ba to basahin. Pag mas mababa yung RPM mas better FC?

"the 4A/T of the mazda 2 cruises at 2,700-2800 RPM, while the 5A/T of the city/jazz has it at 2,500. the 6A/T of the fiesta does it in 2,300 RPM, though."

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    In theory yeah lower RPM's mean lower fuel consumption cause engine works less... The best car is to get peak power and peak torque at the lowest possible RPM. Especially peak torque cause that is what moves the car forward...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Ah ganun pala yun.. Tama pala yung nasa isip ko.. Thanks

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tradewind26 View Post
    Ah ganun pala yun.. Tama pala yung nasa isip ko.. Thanks
    yep. the fiesta is undeniably the king when it comes to highway fuel economy.

if a non-broken in mazda2 can get 14 km/liter on a highway run (4AT sedan, I think it's more like 16km/liter now, though), mas matindi pa fiesta. hehe.

the mazda2 and the city/jazz garners the same fuel economy...

and in the city, pareparehas lang sila, mostly

there's more to it than just engine speed though, I think the tranny stall speed also makes a difference in the fuel economy, but I'm not too well versed with that.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *tidus1203

looking at the specs sheet again...

http://www.auto-searchphilippines.co...ordFiesta.html

wala palang real time FC meter ang fiesta trend, only the fiesta sport gets this nifty feature..

and walang USB support yung fiesta trend? and no rear speakers?

but I'm sure meron naman yan sa aftermarket.

seems you guys stumbled on some hidden "sport mode" sa fiesta. hehe.
    Last edited by scharnhorst; February 1st, 2011 at 07:30 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep only the Fiesta Sport gets all the fuel computers, distance computers, temperature, average speed, distance to empty...

And yes no USB for Trend and no Rear Speakers, 4 speaker at the front... The Sport has 6 speakers, 4 at the front and 2 at the back...

That's why I praise the Fiesta Sport for its value for money proposition... Just P50,000 more than a 1.6L Trend pero yung things na makukuha mo ang dami talaga... Kaya nga its the best seller in the Fiesta line up even though its the most expensive... Oh it also has an OEM backup sensor to boot...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i was in this exact situation last month, though my 1st requirement is FC and next is parts availability, (since i travel 120+ km daily) so I settled for vios e AT, but, if FC is not an issue for me, for sure fiesta ang kinuha ko. Up to this day, whenever i see fiesta sport sa road, napapa lingon ako, sarap siguro i drive nun, but pag nagkakarga na ko gas, napapangiti na lang ako, at sabi, buti na lang vios kinuha ko.

depende yan kung ano ang top priority mo, kung porma/performance = fiesta; kung tipid mode = vios.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Which car good for A/T