The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    tnx for help .....

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdd86 View Post
    tnx for help .....
    Kung ako, dun ako sa Accord yun nga lang 2.3L manual ang target ko. Pero sari-sariling tastes yan. Kumbaga kung Accord is to BMW then Cefiro is to Mercedes.

Accord: focus on performance, very much a driver's car. still quite comfortable though, just not the wafting/floating type.
    Camry: focus on comfort, styling and performance are neglected. Still uses 14 inch rims and rear drum brakes!
    Cefiro: focus on comfort but with performance as well. very advanced for its time. also with the lowest resale value.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    +1 on the Cefiro. Find the best (maintained) example though.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With an AT? None of the above.

Secondhand Honda ATs in that age range are a nightmare. The 98 Camry is a bit less fragile in terms of gearbox, but tough luck finding parts for that model. The 2.2 was never very common or popular. the Cefiro is nice and extremely smooth, but suffers from cooling and headgasket problems.

Of the three, I'd go for an Accord in VTi-L trim, with the manual only.

I've driven a bunch of secondhand midsize cars over the years, and the reason they're cheap to buy secondhand is that they're almost all complete pieces of **** by the time they get this old.

If you've got at least 50k in reserve for emergency repairs (not mods, REPAIRS) and have a reliable daily driver already (meaning this will just be a toy), then go for it. Otherwise, find something more practical to waste your money on.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Secondhand Honda ATs in that age range are a nightmare. The 98 Camry is a bit less fragile in terms of gearbox, but tough luck finding parts for that model. The 2.2 was never very common or popular. the Cefiro is nice and extremely smooth, but suffers from cooling and headgasket problems.

I've driven a bunch of secondhand midsize cars over the years, and the reason they're cheap to buy secondhand is that they're almost all complete pieces of **** by the time they get this old.

If you've got at least 50k in reserve for emergency repairs (not mods, REPAIRS) and have a reliable daily driver already (meaning this will just be a toy), then go for it. Otherwise, find something more practical to waste your money on.
    lagot un lang kaya ng buget eh ... sa tito ko kc hinahanapan ko siya d kc marunung mag drive mt eh ...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Yung 6th gen matic Accord marupok din pala ang transmission? Kala ko yung 5th gen lang.

*TS: There are still A/T midsize sedans in immaculate condition, but these are rather hard to find. I've seen, ridden and driven low mileage 90s A/T midsize sedans and they're really nice cars to be in. Of course the old matic tranny dampens the fun since its not as responsive as the current boxes but then the punch from the engine and the plush ride still puts a smile in your face.

But then its better you let him learn how to drive a manual car. Lalaki naman eh. Kaya yan! Being midsize sedans, the clutch is not high or heavy like with commercial vehicles, and it doesn't stall easily like with small displacement compacts and subcompacts. Which means its actually very easy to drive one. Especially since Honda's manual boxes are known to be really, really good.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    But then its better you let him learn how to drive a manual car. Lalaki naman eh. Kaya yan! Being midsize sedans, the clutch is not high or heavy like with commercial vehicles, and it doesn't stall easily like with small displacement compacts and subcompacts. Which means its actually very easy to drive one. Especially since Honda's manual boxes are known to be really, really good.[/QUOTE]

nko prob nga lang 64 na si tito eh , galing US kaya sa AT nasanay eh ... balak nya ibenta ung pick up MT ...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Make sure to test drive them, specially if you're looking for AT models. As what Niky had mentioned, such old cars can be problematic of sorts. Early this year, I was in the hunt for asecond car and with a limited budget, midsize cars offered a good prize. It boiled down to Cefiro (late model A32, 2000-2002) and 6th gen Accord (1998-2002). Cefiros offers a more comfortable ride, better insulation, and classy interiors. The Accord offers better handling (drives like a compact) without compromising comfort and space. I chose the Accord in VTi-L 2.3L AT. The Cefiro has a lot of gadgets inside that could pose as issues when in need of replacement and don't expect great FC on its 2.0L V6 engine. Also, the Cefiro's VQ20 needs 95RON gas. The Accord offers good FC (7km/L city driving and 9-10 highway) for its size and big 4-cylinder engine. The 6th gen 2.3L Accord has more power for a lighter car, compared to the A32 Cefiro. At the moment, I am enjoying the Accord I bought a few months ago (no problems still and it is past 100k km already). It is more responsive and drives better than the 2009 City 1.5E I use. Even with 17" wheels, it is still a comfortable ride. However, I still long to get myself a Cefiro (the A33 model already) and bling it a bit with 19" wheels. Angas nito, gangsta-look car. hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdd86 View Post
    tnx for help .....
    Of the three, I would potentially get the the Cefiro. Best choice for the class if you after comfort. It's low re-sale value is an advantage for those in the 2nd hand car market as well as you can buy one for the price of a newer compact sedan.

As for the Accord, it is much too basic, and slow.

The Camry is a good choice for riding comfort but not performance. Quite durable & reliable.... but the driving experience does not differ much from the Accord.