New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Worried about gas bills and you have a 1.5 million peso budget? Why not spend on a 1 million peso car and leave 500k over for gas?

-

If it's just front seat space, almost any car will do. My classmate in College around 6'6" and drove a 92 Corolla, which didn't even have as much front leg-room as a current Jazz.

My assistant now is around 6' flat and drives an i10. That's a fantastic car for a student budget.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wish I was Niky so I can have an assistant, too. Hehe.

Rear legroom is quite generous on car based suv's also. And the raised rear seats on most models dont force your knees into your chest.

ok din ata legroom ng jimny...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks! That's why Cruze is one of my choice
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Worried about gas bills and you have a 1.5 million peso budget? Why not spend on a 1 million peso car and leave 500k over for gas?

-

If it's just front seat space, almost any car will do. My classmate in College around 6'6" and drove a 92 Corolla, which didn't even have as much front leg-room as a current Jazz.

My assistant now is around 6' flat and drives an i10. That's a fantastic car for a student budget.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    True. Basketball players in my batch like Rich Alvarez went through college driving a USDM two door Civic EF. My 6'5 classmate also went through highschool and college in his war car boxtype Galant with no issues.

IF you're looking for fuel efficiency, even mid sized cars like the Altis, Civic, etc. will do the job ably. Just take the time to go to the showrooms and check them out; be particular about the leg/thigh support of the seats at your driving position as that will hurt during long drives if its not matched to your height (that's the main problem i encounter usually; i am over 6ft).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The longest front seats are in the Cruze and the Lancer, but the Altis is an excellent choice... large, very fuel efficient. Only issue I have is the front footwells. The odd shape may make you sit further back to get enough legroom, which will compromise your driving position.

Try before you buy. If you can't test drive, at least sit in the car to check out the driving position.

*OTEP: Should have said former assistant. He's now the boss at that business unit.
    Last edited by niky; April 4th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wow! 1.5m for a student.

The cruze and corolla is okay. Look at the focus tdci as well, though the rear legroom isn't spacious, the front legroom looks ok for me. -- i stand 5'7 btw. Fuel efficient and pretty darn fast too.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Basketball player mick penissi around 6'11 ang kotse picanto. Nafeature sa newspaper yung lagi nya gamit pag punta sa practice and game day.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One pf the tallest surgeons at poc drives a jimny pala.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Pwede rin CRV, Forester or Innova. Can't go wrong with a people hauler. Maybe pickups like the new Ranger will also do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Car with the best space below ₱1.5M (especially the legroom)