New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hey guys, with the ever increasing gasoline prices, I am thinking of buying a 2nd hand car that can give me value for my money in terms of fuel consumption. What would be the best option if my budget is below 100k? I will just use it in going to work everyday. No need for the "porma" effect or power, i just want something that is economical, easy to find and cheap parts and low maintenance car. What would you recommend? I am thinking of the Kia Pride CD5. Any other suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Maybe just get a new motorcycle nalang.

Cuz by the time you get a car worth less than 100k, you will probably encounter alot of maintenance cost as well.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    try mo toyota XL5???

nissan LEC

or mitshu EL

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I actually have a motorcycle which I use when I travel alone. However, I have a son who is in prep now and he goes with me when I go to the office everyday. I am thinking that I just have to really select a well-maintained 2nd hand car to minimize added repair costs.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    It is not remotely possible to find a 'good' car for 100k. It's simply a matter of being patient enough to look deeper into prospective units, but there are some out there.

If you find some Corollas in that price range, most likely it will be the carburated ones. Same goes for Kia Prides, Nissan Sentra LECs (although some parts from Nissan maybe be a bit expensive until now).

Good Luck!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    pards XL4 OR XL5 91 COROLLA ka na lang

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a Kia CD-5, a Charade or a VW Beetle.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Bro, if you can afford it, why not use that amount for a downpayment for a new car? When I bought mine, my cash out is just about the same. You can buy the Getz for that amount and if the promo is still active, your LTO, Chattel and Insurance is already all in.

It comes with 5 years warranty plus a decent fuel consumption. I am not quite sure about the other cars out there(old ones) if their FC is still as good as when it was new. To my knowledge the FC change if the vehicle is older.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I am actually thinking of getting a brand new car but at the moment i can't afford it. Probably after 2 years because by that time my son will be in Grade 2 and he just can go home with me. Right now he goes home at 11 AM and my wife fetches him commuting. If I can have a cheap car that can serve me in 2 years time, ok na yun.Gamitin ng wife ko present car namin at yung bibilhin ko sana pangpasok lang namin sa umaga.That will be the time when I will sell both cars and get a brand new one. For the meantime it's just really a band aid solution.

I have searched the ads and i am thinking a nissan sentra lec might just be within my budget. I have seen 97 and 98 sentra lec's going on that price, below 1ook. still looking though.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kuha ka nalang ng car na around 80k tapos ung 20k budget or repair. kia, charade ang bagay sau matipid sa gas ung mga un.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Car below 100k?