New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The AE100 "big body" Corolla actually has similar dimensions with the newer AE110 Corolla which is actually 1 inch longer.
    The newer AE110 has bigger seats, thicker roof pillars and thicker door padding, this I think gives the illusion that its smaller.
    Last edited by AG4; March 24th, 2006 at 01:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Tama si AG4, 1.6L Corolla Gli. For 200k, you'll probably get a AE100. Just do the usual used car checks (may thread abt that). You don't need to waste money on an airbag and all that, you won't be going that fast anyway. Also a first car is always better to be a manual... parang biking, you'll never forget how.

The reason I wouldn't advocate a Sentra is cuz mga ECCS models... kalampagin and A/C is the only thing good about them. Rear interior space is very small, sikip talaga. Also, don't suffer with a 1.3. At the 200k level, better to get a 1.6 para disente naman speed.

Sa Lancer naman, though I love my itlog '93... it's purely sentimental. After 3 years, inexplicably bumagal (I could kick the asses of ESi's & even Vti's up to late '96) and mileage dropped from 9km/l to 7.5km/l. I tried pretty much everything short of a top overhaul, wala pa rin.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    get that 1.6 gli matic if you are a girl.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sentra....since your budget isnt that high.... its the Sentra that will give you the newest model and highest feature content without having to increase your budget.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vickfels
    Hi, I am looking at your threads for several months now and it really helps and informs a lot esp. for somebody like me who is still considering which car to buy kasi newbie.

I got (I think) a budget of 200k and considering to buy either a Nissan or Corolla.. ano po ang mas maganda sa dalawa with regards to safety and economical aspects..

Kakalito kasi pumili..

patulong naman po............ty.
    with your budget, you can get either a 1997-1998 Nissan Sentra or a 1994-1995 Toyota Corolla.

I would rather get a "newer" car if you have no brand preference. Sentra and Corolla parts are both easy to find either brand new or surplus. Pricing for either car's parts are roughly the same.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sly_vixen
    Corolla. Nissan mababa mashado ang resale value.

i think mas advantage sa buyer ang low resale value. so i'll go for nissan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    no offense, we also had a nissan before as well as a Toyota. sa 200K mark, wala nang mashadong mawawala sa resale ng Nissan. another,yung low resale OK yun to 2nd hand car shoppers.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    IMO, if both car is well maintained by previous owner and given the same year model and engine(1.3 or 1.6) i'll go for nissan. the reason is durable and reliable engine. sabi nga nila para daw "bullet proof".

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    bullet proof....amen.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dont worry too much about resale value, we're not talking about a brand new car here, after 5 or so years, car prices here just stay put anyway. Moreso with 1.6li cars,

If you have back issues of buy and sell or whatever, you'll see that the price ranges for these cars (Sentra, Corolla, Lancer, Civic) stayed the same since 98 or so (given the same years used)....

I remember selling my 94 AE101 Corolla for 210K 3 years ago, hanggang ngayon mga 190-230 padin naman ang price range ng 94-95 Corollas eh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
which car ?