New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I'm planning to buy my first car next month but I'm still undecided as to what car I'm going to buy. My choices are chevy cruze LT AT (Thinking also for 2.0 DSL AT [I will shoulder additional cost if eventually I can save it...]), Honda Civic 1.8EXi and Mitsubishi Lance EX GLS.

Considering factors
    1. Fuel Efficiency (Limited to the three)
    2. Reliability and Toughness
    3. Fun factor

I'm reciding near malacanang and works at UP Diliman. But in special occasions, I'm obligate to drive for about 600 kms north of the country to celebrate with family. Please help me with this one, cause I don't want to have regrets after. Choices are not limited with the three above. You can endorse others if you know it is a better choice for me. You can indicate you FC if you have any idea and the problems encountered by you or other person you know.

Thank you peeps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chevy Cruze A/T fails in the fun factor because of slow acceleration. This is plainly due to it's slow-to-accelerate auto-tranny. Even the diesel version (as tested last year) has the same issue.

With the remaining two cars, they are good in the "fun" factor.

For fuel economy, the cars are rated as follows:
    Chevy Cruze 1.8L LT = 10.5km/L (mfg); 8.5km/L (test)
    Honda Civic 1.8 = 12.3km/L (test)
    Mitsu Lancer EX GLS 2.0L = 10km/L (test)

Note: personal fuel economy will vary depending on driver habits & driving conditions.

As for reliability, the Civic and Lancer EX has proven reliable in the years they have been in sale. As for the Cruze, (in my opinion) the jury is still out on this.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Normal hours ba work mo?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Normal hours ba work mo?
    My work is 8am to 5pm. But this coming June I'll be out there until 9:30pm. More work but less traffic.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    id go with the new civic. maganda naman in person and loaded na din. although mas parang toyota yun gumawa sa civic imbes na honda

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for your feedback sir (ghosthunter).

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For fuel economy, the cars are rated as follows:
    Chevy Cruze 1.8L LT = 10.5km/L (mfg); 8.5km/L (test)
    Honda Civic 1.8 = 12.3km/L (test)
    Mitsu Lancer EX GLS 2.0L = 10km/L (test)

Do you have any Idea on the FC of Mitsubishi Lancer GTA? Because I may upgrade the GLS if I have to choose Lancer EX over Honda. Is the upgrade worth it?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Si GH former Lancer EX GLS owner yan.

With your comparo, I'd have to go with the EX GLS if you're looking into something sporty yet decent looking.

Kung disente + tatay look lang naman habol mo. New Civic FB na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Janp001 View Post
    Thanks for your feedback sir (ghosthunter).

Do you have any Idea on the FC of Mitsubishi Lancer GTA? Because I may upgrade the GLS if I have to choose Lancer EX over Honda. Is the upgrade worth it?
    Probably the same, since the GLS is a GTA minus the goodies. Is it worth the upgrade? Yes definitely.
    Just have to say that my average FC with the Lancer is 7km/L but thats because I'm an impatient driver so yes its a 2liter and people say its "matakaw" sa gas but if you let it, the car can give you great fuel economy.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Si GH former Lancer EX GLS owner yan.

With your comparo, I'd have to go with the EX GLS if you're looking into something sporty yet decent looking.

Kung disente + tatay look lang naman habol mo. New Civic FB na.
    I want the porma of Lancer EX so much but my dilemma is that if I get the porma I will be stretching my daily budget just to sustain the gas consumption of my car. On my imagination if I get the civic I will be still craving for the lancer and everytime I see one I will be regretting to death. I'm still 24 years old so exterior and power for me is on the lancer but on my age, still I don't have a job the that gives me ample and more than enough pay, so money is another argument for me (Civic less FC).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Why not choose a more subcompact car? Like the Jazz or the City. It's easier to maintain when it comes to oil, tires, insurance... It's fairly ma-porma and it's easy-fun to drive around the city.

If you want fun, the Swift would be nice I say. If you want a well thought cabin, the Jazz is good. If you want honest to goodness car + reliability, the Yaris would suit the job. There are a lot of choice to be happy with.

Pero ako, given my personality kasi almost same age naman tayo and I can feel the same thing about expenses et al.. I'd get an Alto.

Maporma is quite subjective for me. Having owned a car in the Philippines is already a luxury.
    If you really wanna be practical.. Hmm. Alto K10 is both happy and fun. Some say it drives like a go-cart yet yielding 15 km/l in the city and 20+ km/l in the highway. Just choose a decent color and have it tinted. Wag masyado OC sa looks and its a basic vehicle who doesn't want the attention in the world. The remaining budget would go to iPad, DSLR or M4/3rds, Gasoline expenses for that road trips!

If decent and simple is your personality, the Alto or the EON it is.

But going back to the choice from other posters.

I'd pick the Civic or a boring Corolla. Yes. hehehe... Both Manual, both have good power.

BTW, the new Civic has cruise control as standard. Talk about convenience.
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can't decide between Chevy Cruze LT AT, Honda Civic 1.8 and Mits Lancer EX GLS