New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    helo!I'm new here.

Just want to ask some advice about buying a second hand car. I want a 2nd hand honda civil model 96 up M/T. But I can only have max of 200K for that car. Is it realistic for me to dream of that car with that budget? I mean, can I have that car with that budget?

Hope you would help me on this one coz I really want to have a car. I would be my first time if ever.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pwede na sa 96 LXI yan. wag ka lang mag expect ng magandang LXI sir. ayusan mo na lang unti-unti.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    wats the difference with vti and xli? Malaki ba difference nun?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    VTi not xli. yes malaki difference ng engine in-terms of power and efficiency. you can probably get a 96 VTi for that price but would end up spending a few more thousand pesos for repairs. Offhand some of the items you might need to replace are tires, shock absorbers, balljoints, trailing arm bushings, rack-end, brake pads, timing belt, engine support. These are the parts that most 96-98 civic need to be replace off after 10 years. If you are to change all of these you will probably spend about 20 to 30 thousand pesos.
    Aside from these mechanical parts, 96-97 civics will usually have fading paint in the hood already.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    safe budget for a 96 VTI is 235k. di naman nagbebenta ng mahal ang seller kung alam nya na may tinatago syang sira sa sasakyan nya.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    check ko kung nbenta na nung friend ko vti nya...200-210 price range keep you updated asap

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    salamat sa mga tulong.

another thing, ung sa mileage. wat is the average mileage of the car per year to consider it good to buy? is the mileage of the car really that reliabe kasi diba pwedeng ma-tamper un? pwede nilang adjust to appraise the value of the car.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    madali sir i adjust yung mileage kasi. pero ideal is 5 to 10k yearly. it means di ito gaanong gamit.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    INgat kayo, its very easy to reverse the odometer in this civic. kaya madami dyan binalik na yung mileage. Try looking at Manila bulletins sunday classifieds for cars. madami na ako nakikita around the 200K+ mark and negotiable and you can probably haggle the price down to an even flat 200K. Even an Vti meron nyan, dapat tiyga lang sa paghahanap.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    I've spent most of my time looking for a car on the internet. Kasi may picture. Great help for someone who doesn't have the resources to go directly to the seller to check the car. Hirap sa transpo kasi. Nwy, try ko rin sa mla bulletin.

Well, for the length of time I spent browsing sa net, I observed na ung price ng used honda accord ay mas mababa as compared with that of a civic for the same model and same transmission type. Why is that? Diba for brand new accord and civic, ung price ng former ay almost double with that of the latter. At least, as far as the quotations I've seen. Basta, if not doubled, waaaay mas mataas talaga price nung accord sa civic for brand new ones. Mabilis ba talaga magdepreciate ung accord? Or is there something about that car kaya madalas mas mahal pa ung civic for the same old model?

Another thing, also in the case of old models, for the same car and model, bakit mas mahal ung M/T as compared to A/T? Contrary to the case of brand new ones?

Correct me if my generalization is wrong. I'm eager to know more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can I get civic 96up M/T for 200K?