New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Camry G vs Fortuner 2wd

1. Almost identical price (main reason for comparison)
    2. Weekday for office
    3. Weekend for Family (Family of 5)
    4. Gas Consumption (I hear Fortuner is matipid enough (I prefer the Gas version), and i hear Camry is so-so, so will it even out?... i dont mind a difference of 1Km/Liter
    5. Resale value and Maintenance

Sorry kung different cars, but those 2 are hard to resist in terms of value and reliability and almost the same in acquisition costs

I like flexibility of space in the Fortuner, but we will fit in the Camry (but just enough... tight kung mag driver pa kami, which is seldom)

Daily drive, Camry is better, but I also have to think of my Family.

Your thoughts...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    in terms of space the fortuner will be my choice, alangan naman family of 5 lang ang sasakay eh pano if mangailangan ka ng additional space for sure sikip kayo sa camry.

for comfort cyempre iba ang camry(its a mid range car) so very comfy ka
    unlike sa Fortuner (its a truck) cyempre comfy will suffer

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You asked my opinion, I say Camry. But that's me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You want my opinion?

Fortuners are overrated. People I know who've owned them have complaints left and right about the vehicle, its ride and the fuel pratfalls of its diesel engines.

Get the Camry; as long as you don't expect a fuel efficiency champion, you will not regret getting it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would choose the Camry.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hmm...I own both cars but still prefer the Fortuner. More versatile and not a worry when a sudden downpour occur. Madalas nagsasayad yung Camry because of its low ride height. And that happens when I am alone driving. Resale value of the Fortuner is also higher, especially the diesels. A gas guzzler usually get bad resale value...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pero diba maraming problems ang diesel na Fortuner? Kapag diesel ka mag Santa Fe ka na lang...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'd go with the Fort gas lalo yung facelifted - ang sarap i-LPG later

IMO di advisable mag luxury car dito sa klase ng road condition natin, sayang lang. Luxury SUV pa.

O.T. Boss GH, how much would it cost to convert a 2.7 li if ever? thanks
    Last edited by XTO; August 14th, 2008 at 09:13 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    Camry G vs Fortuner 2wd

1. Almost identical price (main reason for comparison)
    2. Weekday for office - pwede naman ang Fortuner during weekdays
    3. Weekend for Family (Family of 5) - mas maganda fortuner dito.
    4. Gas Consumption (I hear Fortuner is matipid enough (I prefer the Gas version), and i hear Camry is so-so, so will it even out?... i dont mind a difference of 1Km/Liter - fortuner pa din.
    5. Resale value and Maintenance - resale, i think camry has the slight edge.

Sorry kung different cars, but those 2 are hard to resist in terms of value and reliability and almost the same in acquisition costs

I like flexibility of space in the Fortuner, but we will fit in the Camry (but just enough... tight kung mag driver pa kami, which is seldom)
    - you would also have to factor in the times when you need a driver, and times wherein you have to hitch a ride with some of the relatives too.

Daily drive, Camry is better, but I also have to think of my Family.

Your thoughts...

my thoughts above...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Its really a family issue, with 5 pax

Fortuner is more flexible, but I go to work daily alone... driving a full size SUV is tiring... But if i only use the Fortuner for weekend at pang driver... too Much naman!

The Camry is definitely more comfortable... Kaya midsize para naman comfortable din Family ko with 5 passengers... squeeze kung with Driver (pero talagang minsan lang).... kung compact car naman, di na yata bearable sa long trips

Anyway, thanks for your inputs... mukhang hati din yun replies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Camry G vs Fortuner 2wd