New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi guys! We will be buying a used car from a friend kaso ung registration is expired for 3mos, he is out of the country kaya no one is using the car and he is willing to deduct the cost of registration.my question is how much kaya ung registration and penalty nung car for us to discuss. We really want the car kase I know the car inside and out,minsan nga since he is out of the country I'm the one who bought the car at TCI for periodic maintenance. The car is a 2010 Toyota Vios G MT.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    50% more ata but definitely not 100% more, happened to me before, diko nagamit yung sasakyan and totally forgot about it, naalala ko lang mga 8-10 months na paso pala. My friend told me to wait it out instead para makamenos ng onti sa emmission testing, made sense nga naman kasi i would have had just a few months then renew na naman ulit. Pinarenew ko sya a month before its actual turn.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rey752 View Post
    Hi guys! We will be buying a used car from a friend kaso ung registration is expired for 3mos, he is out of the country kaya no one is using the car and he is willing to deduct the cost of registration.my question is how much kaya ung registration and penalty nung car for us to discuss. We really want the car kase I know the car inside and out,minsan nga since he is out of the country I'm the one who bought the car at TCI for periodic maintenance. The car is a 2010 Toyota Vios G MT.
    my recommendation... buy from a seller who is in the country. things can go wrong, and it might be difficult to iron out if the seller is out of the country.
    even if it is a good friend..
    anyone can register that car so's it may be used, even without the owner's (written) permission... all that is needed is the car, last year's reg. papers, and the money.
    from what i recall, late registration has a 50% penalty... look at the car's last years' official receipt and you will see the regular fees.
    good luck.