New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hi! I'm planning to buy a new car by year-end. The thing is, due to my work, most of the times I'm based in Baguio-Benguet, but I also report to our Manila office oftentimes. I know 4X4, pick-up trucks and SUVs are ideal for such terrains. (btw, it's a paved uphill road naman) But it's not within my budget. Too, since I'm single and practicality wise, I don't see the need yet for a larger body type. I'm just contemplating on relatively cheaper compact SUVs like Ecosport or the mini SUV Honda BR-V or the mini MPV Honda Mobilio. But I'm also considering sedan/hatchback like Mazda 2 or Toyota Yaris.

(btw, we're talking A/T here, don't wanna go back to driving manual na )

For now, I'm close to getting an Ecosport after speaking with a Ford dealer and presented with an interesting promo deal.

Your thoughts will be of big help for me to decide wisely.haha Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The HRV has a bit more power and torque than the Ecosport. I think that would fit the bill. The Subaru XV is too pricey na.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    ^ Yes get the HRV! Looks-wise it is also better than the ecosport.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The HRV has a bit more power and torque than the Ecosport. I think that would fit the bill. The Subaru XV is too pricey na.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Hi! Thanks for your insight. Well, I did not include HRV in my options since it's a bit more pricey than BR-V and Ecosport. But will take this into consideration and read more about HR-V. Thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kruser View Post
    ^ Yes get the HRV! Looks-wise it is also better than the ecosport.
    Hi! Hmmmm, i'm getting more votes for HRV. Okay, will read more about this model. Btw, besides the more power and torque than ecosport, do know know issues about ecosport in terms of reliability?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    bumile ka na lang outgoing Suzuki Vitara 900K++ na lang after discounts kasi maglalabas na ng bago. malakas ang Vitara sa akyatan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by butch08 View Post
    Hi! I'm planning to buy a new car by year-end. The thing is, due to my work, most of the times I'm based in Baguio-Benguet, but I also report to our Manila office oftentimes. I know 4X4, pick-up trucks and SUVs are ideal for such terrains. (btw, it's a paved uphill road naman) But it's not within my budget. Too, since I'm single and practicality wise, I don't see the need yet for a larger body type. I'm just contemplating on relatively cheaper compact SUVs like Ecosport or the mini SUV Honda BR-V or the mini MPV Honda Mobilio. But I'm also considering sedan/hatchback like Mazda 2 or Toyota Yaris.

(btw, we're talking A/T here, don't wanna go back to driving manual na )

For now, I'm close to getting an Ecosport after speaking with a Ford dealer and presented with an interesting promo deal.

Your thoughts will be of big help for me to decide wisely.haha Thank you.
    if you need torque, go diesel.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be wary of the deal for the ecosport. baka yung old model yan na madaming issues sa tranny. if it is a dct tranny then stay well far away.

imho, since practical ka, then take OBs advice. get an outgoing suzuki vitara. normally aspirated engine and torquey enough for your needs.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    steep uphill puts a lot of strain on the drivetrain so you need a strong transmission coz this is like towing heavy stuff. so that rules out the problematic DCT on the ecosport. my sis just went to baguio on the ecosport DCT and didn't like the performance at all
    the manual version has very short 1st and 2nd so it'll climb but very slowly

BRV and HRV are both CVT-only. constantly doing steep climbs isn't going to be very healthy for CVT, just like towing isn't recommended on CVT cars

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    single naman.. he wont be loading it with 500lbs.. daily

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast