New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I really want the new 1.5E honda city. I am also considering the 1.3S A/T version of the city and the 1.6L Lancer (older model, and cheaper, only 698K).

Is the 1.5E honda city the best choice? Also, what type of deal should i get from my SA for a honda city? I've been browsing the forums and the deals people get are very different from each other. I also want to be able to decide before October 1, because the city is going to have a price increase then.

This is going to be my first new car so i want to choose right and get a good deal. I'm still relatively young so I am also a bit scared of getting ripped off by SAs. Thank you for all the advice.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Although time isn't on your side, try as much as possible to shop around and get second opinions. Technically, text/call/visit different dealerships (and banks) and get all their offers.

I'd go for the 1.5E City.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I would go for the 1.3 City AT which was introduced late or early this year than the Lancer which came out what 3 or 4 years ago . With the City your recoverable amount meaning the resale value of your vehicle is higher, or in other words, you would lose less if you buy a 09 model than buying a 06 even if both bought brand new.

After 5 years your City might still be in the brand new market while the older model Lancer is sure not. I quite sure by that time selling the honda will command a higher price. For me what I consider most when buying is not the price of the car but how much I would lose after selling it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm different strokes for different folks.

Cars are the worst investments. It's actually an expense or liability since it doesn't appreciate.

BTTT: It really depends on your needs (family man, bachelor, etc) and the use of your car. This alone is the biggest factor in buying a car (second to budget of course).

Buying a new car, please help (choosing between city and lancer)