New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    mga sir(mam) tanong ko lng po kung ano sa tinging nyo ang mas sulit...
    from looks to sturdiness pati nrin functionality at features. wag na muna ung efficiency

hyundai accent
    kia rio
    chevy aveo

at kung meron pa po kayong alam na ka price range eh paki sabi nlng po
    tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    based on looks alone. I pick the Accent.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    mga sir(mam) tanong ko lng po kung ano sa tinging nyo ang mas sulit...
    from looks to sturdiness pati nrin functionality at features. wag na muna ung efficiency

hyundai accent
    kia rio
    chevy aveo

at kung meron pa po kayong alam na ka price range eh paki sabi nlng po
    tnx

My choice: Accent

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yung 1.4L Rio ba walang knocking issues tulad ng Accent? I prefer the Rio's looks over the Accent. In fact in the short time since it was launched, ang dami na kaagad sa daan. If budget is no object, since the Rio and Accent are basically the same, I'd pick the Rio for the more masculine design.

i also will go for the Rio especially if its the hatchback.

aveo? its so 1990s. wag na wag.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bakit kaya yung mga tao nagrerecommend pa rin ng Accent?

I mean, after all the problems - engine knocking issue, low power, incredibly poor fuel consumption, poor after-sales support - listed would you even dare own one?

The Rio looks nice, but as I've heard, they share the same engine as the Accent. So I'm pretty skeptical on owning one since there's a possibility that it would share the same problems of the Accent as stated above (though there are no claims as of now)

I don't like the Aveo either, since it's a Chevrolet.

Hence, I'm left with no other choice to pick from which leaves me to recommend some of the vehicles enlisted that's about at the same price range as the given three vehicles. The Toyota Vios J comes to mind as well as the new 1.4L Suzuki Swift. Heck, even the old-boy Lancer Cedia can be considered. If ever you would really consider hatchbacks then there's a pretty long list to choose from, however, if you prefer to choose subcompacts the options are somehow limited.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; January 24th, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Friends with Accents are yet to be affected by the knocking thingie. Is there a solution to this if it should occur?

The Suzuki SX4 now comes with a free Ipad2 if you want to get one. The audio unit is also now upgraded to a built-in LCD unit. Looks slick and the steering wheel controls still work. But I think its a bit out of the price range?

Old Lancer is a proven platform too. Not too fuel efficient but a solid performer and easy enough to maintain.

I'd say the same for the Sentra, too.

Not too fond of the Aveo but some people like theirs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The knocking issue seems to be fixable, but the low power as of now has no solution.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Deym! I guess I'm right in disposing off the Tucson.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Looks - hatch rio
    Sturdinrss & fumctionality - vios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buying new car