New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll tell it to you straight, you don't have enough money to buy a second hand car mag loan ka pa, you don't how to drive. then what the heck are you thinking in buying a car?

naiisip mo na ba na kailangan mo pa gumastos ng gas, toll, maintenance saka yun repairs since second hand bibilhin mo..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A Cefiro is a terrible car to buy on a 150k budget.

At that age, you will have a lot of maintenance to do. The headgaskets are a problem on high mileage cars. You'll have to check for transmission issues. You will DEFINITELY have to replace worn out underchassis parts.

Last I looked, a Cefiro CV Joint cost as much as all four of my Sentra's shock absorbers. And you would have to order it from Japan.

It'll be a great car to ride in, yes... but you'll want to take out that extra 100k loan for contingency money in case anything breaks. And something will eventually break.

-

With 150k, you will NOT get anything that is BOTH cheap on gas and in good condition. You may be able to get a ratty B14 Sentra or Honda City or an ancient early 90's Corolla or Civic, but you'll still need to set aside at least 30k in contingency money to fix things up.

-

Advice? Learn how to drive, first. Then go out and buy a 60k peso Kia Pride. Spend 20k to fix it, then save up for a real car. Or get that loan and buy a more decent vehicle at 250k... likely a late model Honda City 1.3, a Lynx 1.3, or a later Sentra or Lancer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Maybe driving a motorcycle first until you saved up enough cash (around 150k more) would do the trick.. mura lang naman motor eh, problem is that: kung nabanga ka, high mortality rate.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I`ll be frank. At tatalugin ko na rin. Wag kang maarte sa pag-bili ng kotse, ayaw mo yung may 14" rims ? Alam mo ba pag mas maliit ang gulong mas tipid sa gasolina - lesser tire width. lesser drag. maximum fuel efficiency. Tapos gusto mo pa Ford at Chev, HELLO. Alam mo ba pinapasok mo ? Baka pera mo maubos sa pang-gas at pang-maintain diyan.. I had an Optra, and driven a Ford too ( Escape V6 ) & I tell you, hindi siya biro.

Matuto ka muna mag-drive at bumili ka ng maliit na sasakyan, Kia Pride preferably. Wag kang maarte sa pag-pili, YES you might have the option to do so pero for a budget such as 200-250k wala kang mabibiling " FORD AT CHEV " mo na maari mong mahalin. Dun ka sa Honda City 1998. 1.3L ftw.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Salamat po sa lahat ng nag comment..

eh lancer glx 2001 po na 220K ok lang ba?

Mitsubishi Lancer MT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

or kung ma isusugest kayong mas ok sa ganitong halaga..
    Alam mo bang carburetor pa yan. :hysterical:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Tama wag muna maarte at mapormang car, kelangan mo basic car muna... I suggest corolla 89-92 o kaya kia pride cd5 ecco

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Dude.. If I have 130k to 150k, I would spend 130k on a Sentra B14 and spend 20k for repairs and maintenance. Don't buy 2000 and up cars if you don't have the budget and the experience in driving.

IMO you can get a B14 in good condition with 130k. That's my first choice actually, but I opted for an EG since it looks better for me.

If I'm stuck with that budget, without a doubt I'll definitely get a B14.

Regarding the lancer, I'm not sure if GLX is already EFI. AFAIK GLXI is the one equipped with an EFI engine. If that's carb I won't spend 220k for it.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm~ ganun ka terrible ang Cefiro? We have a family friend who has a Cefiro. Maayos naman hanggang ngayon. Besides normal wear and tear wala naman gaanong sakit. IMHO kasi that is the most value for money na mabibili for that budget. Kung ayaw sa Cefiro, OK din ang City or B14.

2001 GLX Lancer is carbureted. Mahina ang makina and fuel consumption is similar to EFI 1.6L GLS.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Easy lang bro renzo sabi na nga ni threadstarter that he doesn't know much about cars. Merong din learning process yan so I can't blame him for being clueless about these stuff. At least nagpatulong siya, that way he won't be scammed by these "sellers"

Personally, with the money, magmomotorsiklo nalang muna ako. Less frills, less expenses until you can get a "proper" car to drive. Kahit ano gawin mo, a secondhand car would pose problems to a first-time car buyer.. it's like opening a jack-in-a-box, you might get lucky and have a secondhand car that needs little attention or you might get a car that would make you deal with loansharks to get it maintained.

Let's say you get a Cefiro. If it eats, let's say, 7km/liter of gas.. malaki din yun. You'd be paying thousands every month on gas bills alone. So I'd say, get a motorcycle first.. let's say a Kawasaki Bajaj CT100 that would get you 40km per liter muna. Of course, kung nabanga ka, doon ka magkakaproblema. Everyone dies naman eh, just don't be stupid and start weaving in and out of traffic.. pagnatapunan ka ng ice cream while doing that ako na siguro culprit

Hehe, tsikot is mainly for car discussions yet here I am recommending a motorcycle. LOL!

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    haha.. salamat na rin sa mga sarcastic comments! at least may advice.

yoko motor, matatakot misis ko dun.

Regarding, ford at chevrolet, nakita ko lang na mababa benta nila bukod sa honda at toyota kaya un ang una kong nagustuhan kac mura at mejo bago.

Cge mag aral na muna ako mag drive, kaso saan.. advisable ba sa A1? o sayang pera?
    then mag loan nalang ako additional 100k, or if ma promote ako sa september, mag bbrandnew nalang ako. :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Buying my first Car.. Need Help..