New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    I'm planning to buy Honda City as my first car. I just have 2 considerations right now.

1. What variant should I choose ? E or VX Variant ?
    I personally would choose the VX Variant but does the additional 100k worthy ? Yung gusto ko sa VX variant is yung rear camera and push start button. Durable naman ba yung push start button hindi naman
    madaling masira ? And almost everything is electronically controlled. Hindi ba siya super gastos in terms of maintenance ?

2. What color should I choose ? My options are Modern Steel Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl or Golden Brown Metallic (for VX Variant Only)
    I'm more inclined to choosing the Modern Steel Metallic color but I also want to know your opinion regarding this. Mahirap ba imaintain yung color Black or parehas lang naman ?

Maraming salamat mga boss. Makakatulong yung opinion niyo sa pagpili ko ng aking first car

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    the more bells and whistles, the more things to break. always think of murphy's law

it's just a car, don't get too obsessed w/ the features. just keep the money or spend it elsewhere. or upgrade to a next bigger car

but good choice on the honda city. i'm also tempted to get one, an "E"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Extend your budget a bit and get a Civic 1.8E. It's a much better car over the City.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    the more bells and whistles, the more things to break. always think of murphy's law

it's just a car, don't get too obsessed w/ the features. just keep the money or spend it elsewhere. or upgrade to a next bigger car

but good choice on the honda city. i'm also tempted to get one, an "E"
    I have not experienced broken toys with my 13-year old Mazda 3 which had a lot of bells and whistles for an early 2000's car (auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, climate control, moon roof).

The usual things that break down are your typical suspension bits (bushings, stab links, shocks, etc).

TS, the VX is worth the extra 100k if you feel that you can use the paddle shifters, auto climate control, push button ignition, and all the other toys.

As a bonus, the VX's interior feels much, much more premium compared to the E. I didn't notice how big the difference was until I rode both one after the other.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    For me its better for E variants just to save money for your next car.Its just only your first car and almost same lang sa features except for extra specs ng VX sa E.Black is very good color but be sure to use a car wax atleast once a week para pang car show palagi ang dating.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Magkano kaya if ipapakabit yung rear camera sa City 2018 E ? Yun yung malaking factor kaya ko gusto mag VX eh

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bochokoks123 View Post
    Magkano kaya if ipapakabit yung rear camera sa City 2018 E ? Yun yung malaking factor kaya ko gusto mag VX eh
    Pakabit ka nalang ng backing sensor if you'd go with the E.

Then after warranty ends, sa labas ka na palagay ng rear camera.

If sa casa AFAIK nasa 40k yung price. Outside, its roughly half or even less than half nung price na yun.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Guys, Ano pala magandang insurance provider para sa brand new car? Yung cheap and madali ang claiming?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Just bought my first car and it's a 2018 City E CVT.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bochokoks123 View Post
    Guys, Ano pala magandang insurance provider para sa brand new car? Yung cheap and madali ang claiming?
    "there's no such thing."
    my opinion.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast