New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi guys, My age is almost 28, any advice which to buy? Magkalapit lang yun price nila, Same passenger capacity din, Malaki ba difference on the fuel consumption? My existing car is a Nissan Exalta '00

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Provincial trips, rotted/unpaved roads, etc? The Grand Vitara then. City and performance driving; sportier and better handling; etc. The Civic then. It boils to what you plan to use the vehicle for. If you want to sell the vehicle in a few years time, I think the Civic is better at holding onto its value than the Suzuki.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Civic is a good choice if you normally drive around the city, but careful buyers normally wait for the Altis replacement before making a decision. The Grand Vitara is also nice especially for driving in really really bad roads (although Metro Manila streets are already devastating), but if you ask me, it won't be at the top of my list. Many people like the way it looks, but how come such acclaim wasn't made to the 2nd Gen RAV 4 from which it was obviously copied? I'd rather have the new RAV for a little more money.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    civic. invest on the brand.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grand Vitara..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll choose an SUV over a compact Jap sedan anytime & anyday.

after a few years/months the Civic would have already lost its initial luster... while SUVs (in general) will still soldier on given our bad roads, potholes, floods, and the like.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    GRAND VITARA. konti lang meron nito while civic dadami talaga magiging common na

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grand Vitara for me. As a rule, SUV's are less susceptible to changing fashions and trends. In short, hindi siya madali maluma. Unlike sedans which get replaced like clockwork every 4-5 years. Also the relative rarity of the GV means people can't tell the old from the new.

Zuks are also very tough both on and off-road. And you'd be surprised how fresh some 10+year old Zuks are. Though more carlike than I would like, the Zuk still has some of the ingredients that separate the 4x4's from tall station wagons.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If you plan to change cars every 3 years, go for the civic. Higher resale value. The civic is more fuel efficient since it is of lighter built and more aerodymamic.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not really any more fuel efficient than the Suzuki. The ES Civic 2.0 AT is a thirsty car. I don't know if the new FD will be any better. If you really want a fuel efficient Civic, get the 1.8. It's more than quick enough, and I actually like the interior color coordination a little better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Buying advice Grand Vitara '05 2.0AT or Civic '06 2.0s AT?