New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Guys, could you give suggestions which is better. Planning to buy 2nd hand and confused what will I get!

milage?
    maintenance cost?
    etc?
    bad/good experiences?
    etc?

thanks a lot guys!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    If I were you I go for CIvic 97 LXi or VTi. Mas maganda porma ng civic and easier to dress up with lots accessories available. Milage wise, should be less than 60tkms for both... It better if seller is the owner and keeps a record of his car maintenance like casa records. Maintenance for both is easy, but I guess mas maraming surplus parts available for civic. I am a civic owner also and I having no problems with parts. IMO.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yung cost ng piesa ng civic is relative...IMO they are about the same as corollas and lancers, pare-preho lang halos, maybe a couple pesos more here and there. i own a 96 Lxi btw.

hondas have great engines, especially the VTEC ones. may umiikot na video sa mga honda forums e, mga kano nilagyan ng tubig yung makina ng d15b engine (honda) imbes na oil tapos itinakbo...ni-redline nila ng ilang beses. took several hours for the engine to finally give up. tibay ng internals ng honda engines, low wearing pa gawa ng forged yung ibang components (not cast).

go for the honda na lang. kung makabili ka ng excellent condition model wala ka na iisipin pa lagyan mo lang ng langis tsaka gasolina tatakbo pa yan ng ilang taon bago masira...at pag nasira usually underchassis lang, or aircon, o kaya yung radiator (orig plastic tops prone to leakage).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    civic same year costs more than corolla. kung pasok sa budget, go!

pero kung gusto mo madali maintain na kahit sa gubat may parts, corolla ako.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung civic kasi...mas ok na yung late models ng 6th gen na upgraded na headlights/ taillights and bumpers (99-00).

corolla ako. or try mo rin lynx, you can get a 2000 model in 97 civics/ corollas' price.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both are quite okay.. .a lot will depend on the condition and price that suits you. ;) Space advantage to the Civic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    my 2 cents...

*97 Corolla GLi has Driver's Airbag and ABS.

*97 Civic VTi has none of those

*although the Civic has a more powerful and thrifty VTEC engine. it has 125hp over the 115hp of the Corolla

*talking about atock models, amenities are just about the same, with the only difference of Civic having a power rear antenna in contrast to the manual pillar mounted antenna of the Corolla.

*resale is about the same.

*just get the one that is better kept.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    with the release of the new Civic, baka naman magdepreciate pa ng kaunti
    yung mga 6th gens.. although im not so sure about that.

i prefer civic.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    corolla

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    i was caught up between the two before... i ended up buying a civic vti '99. i have not looked back since.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Buying 2nd hand car Civic 97 or Corolla 97