New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I would just like to get ur inputs regarding which to buy kasi my grlfrnd's sister is going to buy her a new car and her sister prefers Vios kc nga daw toyota so maganda nga daw but I insisted on the Accent mainly bec. of the crdi and the DVD player that comes with it. Mas expensive nga ng konti ung accent than the vios, but for me mas okay na choice ung accent. I just want to hear from you guys kung anong comment nyo about which is a better deal? I just want to reinforce my stand with ur comments, thanks guys

they're both fuel efficient but mas matipid pa rin ung accent over vios diba plus the fact na mas mura ang diesel plus halos double pa ung engine torque ng accent over vios. but how about kaya ung reliability issue, mas reliable pa rin ba ung vios bec toyota?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I really like the large side mirrors of the Accent. Its style is luxurious but I would go for the Vios. The engine is efficient too and bout as peppy. Can't say it's powerful when compared to the Accent's powerhouse motor but it still gets the job done well.
    It has safety features which is, I think, more important than accesories like DVD player.
    Plus other convenience features like signal repeaters, power folding mirrors, optitron gauges among others unavailable to the Accent.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    if your girlfriend's sister wants to drive cars with stick then choose the hyundai accent. i dont know about the reliability of accent but they have the 5 yrs warranty which is a good thing.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If she's considering the Vios 1.5G why not just get the new Altis? The price difference is not that much anyway.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    AFAIK yung FC ng accent is 37.5kms/lt. correct me if im wrong.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ang lupit namna ng rating na yun...

if i was to choose, tama yung altis na lang na base model rather than the G variant.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i read on their brouchure, its 38.7. i doubt this is applicable in the real world situation cause i read somwhere here that hyundai's fuel consumption test is not applicable in philippine road situations. but if can consume 20km/l+, then its ok. i suggest the accent cause of the diesel engine, great torque and fuel efficiency. diesel prices are too high this days. so its more practical if you get a more fuel efficient car. and its diesel, cheaper than gasoline..

Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    Ang lupit! 37.5km/liter??? Eto na ata pinakafuel efficient na diesel car sa pinas ngaun! Talo nya pa ung ford focus at 21km/liter.

Accent ako sir!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In real world situations, the Accent does about 25 km/l on the highway... Maybe 15-17 km/l in traffic. The Vios should do 20 km/l highway and about 10 km/l in traffic.

This is from testing experience gained with the Vios and the Hyundai Getz. The Getz media unit sent to us for our test, though, had bad engine mounts and what felt like dirty injectors... seems like this is the same media unit they've been flogging since 2006, and as C!Magazine has put it through hell on the racetrack (the front tires are bald), I'm not surprised that it was in bad condition... and I couldn't get more than 14 km/l - 17 km/l out of it. But this unit has been used in numerous economy tests, and the injectors were probably full of crud from provincial gas stations. In fact, after I ran a tank of injector cleaner through it, my brother reported that it attained 190 km/h easily (when it was with me, it felt extremely sluggish).

The Accent and Vios are pretty similar. The Accent's interior is a joke compared to the Vios, but the new Vios's plastics aren't that great either... there's poor fit and alignment on the dashboard of the test unit (the cupholder on one side keeps getting stuck), but the plastics are a bit nicer than the Accent's. The Vios suspension is a bit more supple, but both cars suffer from having soft shocks (makes for a bouncy ride over bumps) and really light and unsteady electric steering. Neither is as much fun to drive as a Honda Jazz. The Accent's engine is much livelier, and it's damn powerful (as long as you keep feeding it clean diesel), but the Vios's 1.5 engine is very smooth and loves to rev.

Styling-wise, the Vios is a much better car from the rear... but I like the Accent's simple nose better. But overall, which is the better value is up to you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wait for the Hyundai i20 and i30 CRDis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which to Buy, Vios 1.5G or Accent 1.5 GLS?