New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I am choosing between Ford's Everest and Escape lng talaga po.
    hinay2x lng newbie here in forums and also when it comes to cars.

purpose according to my parents :
    Para pag punta sa mango farm na may dala minsan kunting fertilizers at kung ano2x pa. Flattened na road(dahil sa pison) pero the usual di masyado bumpy,rocky one dun pero di pa cemented.

the things that would help me decide :
    1. Di malakas kumain ng gas. Am i right that 4x2 should be it?
    2. Yung everest kasi yung hood parang flattened ang dating.
    3. Yung escape parang ala syadong space for baggage? ie sack/s fertilizer
    4. Most of the time city driving lng talaga to so bagay din pang pasyal with gf but also would serve its purpose pang deliver sa mga bagay2x to the farm pag kailangan.
    5. Manual Trans lng gusto ko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i see that your first concern is gas...so get the diesel. everest is good enough for me, although mas gusto ko ang porma ng escape.

pero for me..hands down everest if my needs are what you listed.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i can see that your concern with everest is it's design... i heard na meron nga daw bagong everest na lalabas, in case you're not in a hurry, you might as well wait and see na lang

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    others who have read but haven't answered yet can add their opinions.sali nyo na rin answers nyo to the follow-up questions :
    1. liit po ba tlaga space sa likod ng escape for my parent's needs?
    2. any pic/links on that new everest?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    The best way to compare the two models is to go your nearest Ford dealership. But based on your list, it seems the Everest is the best vehicle for your needs. My Mazda Tribute's (Escape's twin) cargo space is a bit small even for carrying two-weeks worth of groceries.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    a pickup is what you probably need. we have a mango farm din and all i can say is that it is a pain in the ass hauling stuff around when you don't own a large truck.

the escape is not a heavy duty vehicle (although maporma and looks the part). its mechanicals will not withstand frequent loading and the interior will suffer if you put in stuff like fertilizer sacks. think of it as a raised passenger car.

the everest on the other hand, is based on the ranger pickup platform with some tuning done to soften the ride. coils all around, too. ever saw the under chassis components of an everest? they're bigger, heavier...almost like the pajeros. another good thing going for the everest is in the simple design of the engine, no fancy ECU or engineered aluminum blocks, just an honest diesel engine that you can take anywhere to get repaired.

get the everest automatic.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i see that your first concern is your gf, buy the escape.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    4. Most of the time city driving lng talaga to so bagay din pang pasyal with gf but also would serve its purpose pang deliver sa mga bagay2x to the farm pag kailangan.
    what kind of stuff do you intend to haul sir? fertilizer/soil? farm equipment? produce?

while i have to admit, they look good, i just don't think mini-suvs are really meant to haul a lot of stuff -- you're better off with an AUV. the everest gets my vote -- turbo intercooler and all B)

ung 4x4 everest ba is full time, or me transfer case?

pampagulo lang: i hear mitsu phils is selling the old L200 pickups at bargain prices. then again, pickup talaga sya, don't expect fancy interior doodads B)
    Last edited by badkuk; May 7th, 2006 at 03:35 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buy an Escape and a trailer.

I leave the trailer at the farm. Use it only during harvest season. Palagyan mo na lang ng trailer hitch ang Escape.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Dapat pick up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which to buy- Ford Everest or Escape?According to my purpose and needs