New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    guys, i just want to share my experience with a bumper to bumper accident which happened yesterday. i was about to drive my car, a 1997 mitsubishi galant, out of our office. there was a 2000-2005 honda civic (i am not familiar with its year model) which was ahead of me. it's owned by a lady doctor who is my officemate's sister. she was already at the gate when a group of students passed by, so she stop. i was about two meters away from her car, so i step on my break for a few seconds until i finally decided to set my automatic tranny in "park" position and put on the hand break for full stop. suddenly, i noticed that she was reversing her car slowly. i did not do anything thinking that she will still drive her car out 'coz at that moment, her car was almost half out of our gate. when i realized that her car was too close to mine in a reverse position (about 2-3 feet), i decided to reverse my car to avoid a collision, unfortunately, it was too late and the rear bumper of her honda civic bumped the front bumper of my mitsu galant. so, both of us stepped out of our cars to see what was the damages. the lady doctor asked me what has been damaged to your car? while i asked her why did you reverse your car. she said i'm sorry i'm so sleepy. then, i said, ok, my car just suffered few scratches and it doesn't matter to me 'coz it already have a lot of scrathes. but i noticed her car's bumper was wrecked, as in almost na-detached talaga ang about 40% ng rear bumper nya and my crack na about 3 inches. then, i noticed that there are some blue paint remains in my car's front bumper including my headlights. i said to myself, naku, buti na lang di nabasag ang headlights ng car ko, gastos na naman sana. then, later on, i realized that i really have a good reason to love my car. matibay talaga ang body and bumpers nya.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All new cars are like that. Plastic bumpers to cushion impacts. This means they're safer in low- and high- speed collisions, but in small accidents like that, it's very easy to damage and tear the bumper cover itself.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    matibay talaga ang body and bumpers nya.
    yung oto mo bro ang tinutukoy mo dito o yung lady doctor?

joke.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    yong oto ko bro. hehe!

Bumper durability: mitsubishi galant vs. honda civic