New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suggest you buy a used but nearly new unit. So that the warranty is still in effect but the price would be much lower than brand new units. Also the engine is already broken in and so performance and fuel efficiency is better than brand new units. How much is your budget by the way? Here are some 2010 units.
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...10+Isuzu+D+Max
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/Ford+Ranger+AT+09-1942931.htm
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/Mitsubishi+St...el-1962795.htm

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I suggest you buy a used but nearly new unit. So that the warranty is still in effect but the price would be much lower than brand new units. Also the engine is already broken in and so performance and fuel efficiency is better than brand new units. How much is your budget by the way? Here are some 2010 units.
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...10+Isuzu+D+Max
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/Ford+Ranger+AT+09-1942931.htm
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/Mitsubishi+St...el-1962795.htm
    Among this three the best yung dmax then ranger then strada (AT kasi na 3.2, sayang power).
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    This was my dilemma just several months ago, I was deciding between a brand new strada GLS or 2nd hand and I ended up buying brand new. Kasi konti lang ang difference ng presyo ng 2-3 years old mga 100k-150k, may nakita ako mura pero 06 model muka laspag pa... edi nag brand new nalang ako, may peace of mind pa ko ngayon.

I dont know with other pickups muka kasi mataas resale value ng strada

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Also problem with slightly used pick-ups/vehicles, there is the risk of it being a "hot car". Pick-ups are usually for business use, and very seldom lang may magbenta kung slightly used man, kaya skeptical ako before bumili ng 2nd hand pickup.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    1. Navara
    2. Strada
    3. Ranger Wildtrak
    4. Hilux

tnxx.. 1 question bakit di mo nasali dmax sa option mo?? i was thinking between strada glx and dmax LX.. di nagkakalayo price.. any feedbacks between the two??..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ kasi naka may magmaoy na isuzu fanatic. Sobrang luma na daw ng Dmax. You're paying so much for an outdated product daw.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ kasi naka may magmaoy na isuzu fanatic. Sobrang luma na daw ng Dmax. You're paying so much for an outdated product daw.
    ok naman ang D-max ah, in my opinion oo, mabagal yung previous model ng D-max 180kph lang ata yung sagad sa speedo nun, pero yung ibang nagpapatakbo napapasagad hanggang dun,

yung latest model ng D-max, naabot daw ng 200kph, (parang Navara na din ah.) simple lang yung design niya.

----

back to the thread: Navara po, ok po yan, you will appreciate it's fuel efficiency and maintenance cost is cheaper than strada and hi-lux plus MAKISIG na porma, speed and power.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The DMax is an ok vehicle, alright. But for the price ? It's not worthy anymore. Yes, it can get the job done but you can also accomplish the same objective using the Strada WHICH delivers better comfort for its passengers.

I'm not talking about the top-speed, zap. I'm pertaining to the torque that the trucks can deliver. More torque = more pulling power = can accelerate better. & I guess, this is one of the most important things that a buyer should consider especially if he often hauls heavy stuff.

The 2WD Navara has 356NM/2000rpm while the 4WD has better figures - 403NM/2000rpm
    The GLX-V Strada on the other hand delivers 350NM/1800~3500rpm ; ... while
    The DMAX LX ONLY delivers 294 Nm / 1400~3400 rpm

See the difference ? That's what I'm talking about.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The DMax is an ok vehicle, alright. But for the price ? It's not worthy anymore. Yes, it can get the job done but you can also accomplish the same objective using the Strada WHICH delivers better comfort for its passengers.

I'm not talking about the top-speed, zap. I'm pertaining to the torque that the trucks can deliver. More torque = more pulling power = can accelerate better. & I guess, this is one of the most important things that a buyer should consider especially if he often hauls heavy stuff.

The 2WD Navara has 356NM/2000rpm while the 4WD has better figures - 403NM/2000rpm
    The GLX-V Strada on the other hand delivers 350NM/1800~3500rpm ; ... while
    The DMAX LX ONLY delivers 294 Nm / 1400~3400 rpm

See the difference ? That's what I'm talking about.
    Apologize. now I get it, nagfocus kasi ako dun sa statement ni Ry, sayo pala rin yung statement that he's talking about, about nga dun sa D-Max, tama ka, as I read the specs you presented kulang/mababa ang rating talaga ang d-max, just like the previous thread I read, kahit yung ALTERRA mababa din ang rating ng power niya. May be kaya patuloy parin tinatangkilik because of durable ang engine nila.

294 Nm / 1400~3400 rpm pwede na rin pagtiyagaan pero in your point and also in my opinion iba pa rin talaga ang feeling kapag 356NM/2000rpm ang usapan.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    Apologize. now I get it, nagfocus kasi ako dun sa statement ni Ry, sayo pala rin yung statement that he's talking about, about nga dun sa D-Max, tama ka, as I read the specs you presented kulang/mababa ang rating talaga ang d-max, just like the previous thread I read, kahit yung ALTERRA mababa din ang rating ng power niya. May be kaya patuloy parin tinatangkilik because of durable ang engine nila.

294 Nm / 1400~3400 rpm pwede na rin pagtiyagaan pero in your point and also in my opinion iba pa rin talaga ang feeling kapag 356NM/2000rpm ang usapan.
    For pick-ups with hauling duties, Torque and its delivery is more important. Yung 294 na yan sulit na din talaga vs sa old school diesel at 4m40 engine which I have all tried. Kaya matipid Isuzu kais maganda harmony ng engine at tranny niya so low to mid range maganda na din pulling power. Kaso mahal nga siya compared sa iba na nasa 350 up na Nm like Strada, hilux, ranger/mazda at nissan. Mas enjoyable and safer yung biglang kelangan mag-overtake! hehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
a brand new pick up or 2 to 3 years used pick up?? ( for province purpose)