New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    pls help...buying this for my daughter. tnx

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mas maganda siguro if you ask your daughter kung ano ang gusto niya sa dalawa. Check if the 2nd hand Toyota Yaris is in great condition. I know one who is selling a Black Manual MT because he will be getting a Yaris AT.

My Yaris is giving me 13-15km/L. The lowest I've seen is 11km/L. The latter is in gunnit mode naka AT transmission pa. Talagang mabilis at mataas ang rpm sa pag shift ng gear. Ako kasi tipid mode that's why I got those numbers.

Never had experience with i10. I just see them on the roads. Your daughter will help you determine kung ano sa dalawa. I also think naman that you have researched both vehicles so di ko na sasabihin ang features.

In this comparison, Yaris for me lalo na if you want to keep it for years and also sa re-sale value.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Generally, resale values with these types of cars are generally good so it's not that much of a concern.

i10 is a Korean car which puts her in 4th or so priority with carnappers/carjackers since they usually go for popular japanese cars.

Yaris is a Toyota, a relatively trusted brand but since it's 2nd hand, you'll never know it's real condition until you have owned it since there is no way for you to know how the previous owners treated it. BTW, sometimes, a car passed on to many people but it appears you're just the 2nd owner because the latter owners chose not to transfer it to their name.

i10, being a Korean would have cheaper genuine parts.

Yaris, being a japanese would be well recieved by the general public.

if both are brand new, either is okay but since the real condition of yaris is questionable, I'd go for i10. Personally, I'd go for vios instead of yaris though since they are practically of the same category.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sir, You may opt for other choices. Honda Jazz or Suzuki Swift if your daughter prefer hatch.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nurse_corrupted View Post
    Mas maganda siguro if you ask your daughter kung ano ang gusto niya sa dalawa. Check if the 2nd hand Toyota Yaris is in great condition. I know one who is selling a Black Manual MT because he will be getting a Yaris AT.

My Yaris is giving me 13-15km/L. The lowest I've seen is 11km/L. The latter is in gunnit mode naka AT transmission pa. Talagang mabilis at mataas ang rpm sa pag shift ng gear. Ako kasi tipid mode that's why I got those numbers.

Never had experience with i10. I just see them on the roads. Your daughter will help you determine kung ano sa dalawa. I also think naman that you have researched both vehicles so di ko na sasabihin ang features.

In this comparison, Yaris for me lalo na if you want to keep it for years and also sa re-sale value.
    Hi! Gud mrng. Actually, the 1st time she saw the i10...gustong gusto nya na to, mahilig kasi sya sa maliit(cute daw) and pasok sa budget(Pp 500k-550k)namin. Then, sabi ko...take a look at Yaris, mas gusto ko kasi ito personally. Tapos nung nakita nya, mas gusto na nya Yaris kaya lang maghihintay pa kami may magbebenta ng red yaris A/T. he he...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only issue with the i10 AT is possible fuel consumption. The i10 has the same EuroNCAP scores as the Yaris and has similar front seat space (though the rear seat is smaller). Only bonus for the i10 on the inside is that I like the plastic better.

An i10 1.1 AT will return decent economy on the highway and so-so in traffic... but not any worse, likely, than a Yaris 1.5 AT. An i10 1.1 MT will get much better fuel economy, but it's up to your daughter.

I say: go for it. With this size of car, resale value isn't the big issue it is with bigger cars, since resale value for mincars stays high due to gasoline prices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=2]Hello sir.

I'd pick the hyundai i10 over the 2nd hand yaris.
    Getting a brand new car gives you less worries that something might break etc. etc.
    And sir, Hyundai is giving a 5 year warranty for all of its vehicles.

But if you're daughter prefers a cute car, why not look for a honda jazz? The 2007 model might just be perfect for her.

Just my 2 cents
    [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hi! balak ko ring bumili ng kotse at ang 1st choice ko ay 2nd hand toyota yaris at 2nd choice ay bnew hyundai i10. ang issue ko naman ay wala kse akong alam sa pagtingin at pagusisa ng makina, body, etc. ng used car so pakiramdam ko tali ako sa aspect na ito. kapag cguro wala akong maisama na mekaniko or taong marunong tumingin, dun na lang ako sa bnew para makabawas sa stress.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah I think you're also better of buying a new i10.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Kung yun lang dalawa na yun ang pagpipilian. Hmmm. Mas ok na yung brand new. So i'll go with i10.

Pero kung ok pa din condition ng yaris. Yaris for me!

O kaya yung old rose na honda jazz(not sure sa color name). hehe. Bagay yun sa kanya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
brand new hyundai i10 or 2nd hand toyota yaris