New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Assuming that all the 2nd hand cars stated AM are in good condition. (2004-2005models), will you choose one instead of a brand new compact car (Fiesta,M2,Vios,Accent) since their price range is almost the same. The car will be used by my family only. Need your help guys...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Assuming that the car isn't flooded or wont be needing any expensive repairs, I'd go with the Xtrail then the Escape coming in second then the CR-V in far third.

But you wont go wrong with brand new units though ( sans lemon )

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jeje23 View Post
    Assuming that all the 2nd hand cars stated AM are in good condition. (2004-2005models), will you choose one instead of a brand new compact car (Fiesta,M2,Vios,Accent) since their price range is almost the same. The car will be used by my family only. Need your help guys...
    What other factors do you consider sir? Flood in your area and routes? Space? Reliability? Siguro di na masyado sa pogi looks kasi family use naman?

IMO for family, get a SUV.

Goodluck sir!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the CUVs. In the Philippines, ground clearance is very important. Be sure to bring a mechanic with you though, there are flooded and laspag units to look out for. Between the 3, I'd choose the X-Trail (250X, please!). As for the CRV, its known to be lacking in power. The Escape is fine, very sturdy, comfy and family-oriented. But engine performance and space is not as good as the X-Trail and FC is rather dismal. I'd suggest you also look for the Grand Vitara, strong engines, excellent off road capabilities and a very handsome beast, I should say.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    A secondhand X-Trail (200x) is fine..... more power, more versatile, more high

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For family use..

Nissan X-Trail 250X / 200X na.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The good thing about the previous XTrail is that the new Xtrail almost left nothing unchanged and simply improved on a tried-and-tested formula. In other words, ipadetail mo lang yan and you can pass it off to your kids as "brand new" kidding aside,

I'll go for first-hand compact cars. There's still an exclusive feeling of buying a brand new car rather than a pre-owned one. The previous generation CRV is way too plasticky.. then again, it's infamous for its prior exploitation of the 10-seater loophole. Interior leaves something to be desired. The current generation is a decade better in terms of handling, interior refinement, and everything except the front fascia.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    go for Hyundai Accent better than CUVs kasi this year lalo sisikip ang kalsada. imho, the compact cars will have the advantage in terms of efficiency sa roads

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Get The Escape NBX or The X-Trail 200x. You won't go wrong with either of the two. Better yet, Follow your heart.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'd go for the brand new. iba pa rin. hehe

wag 2nd gen A/T CR-V. Explorer/Expy-level gas guzzler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Brand new compact car or second hand CRV,Xtrail or Escape?