New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys, i need your inputs, ok ba ang chevrolet aveo hatch? I mean who in the group owns one? ano po ang masasabi nyo sa car? ok ba sya generally speaking? If you were to choose between a brandnew AVEO hatch against a 2nd hand 2004 VIOS for example or City idsi, ano po pi2liin nyo?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How much is an Aveo hatch nowadays? If it's similar, I'd rather get a base Vios or a base Jazz... or even a Getz.

The Aveo's engine is kind of agricultural compared to the other subcompacts out there, and it's one of the oldest (read, poor torsional rigidity) chassis in the class, but, to be fair, the body kit and wheels are nice. :innocent:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If I were you I'll just buy a brand new Getz

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked is because I saw a chevrolet aveo ad here in tsikot which sells for 398K (advertised as brandnew).
    With this regard, if i want a subcompact car, i can only buy a 2004 vios/city with the same amount, right?
    So siguro, it's like if my budget is 400k, is it better to buy that chevy or just buy a 2004 vios/city?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Aveo isn't 398k brand new...

Or is this a secondhand being advertised as "brand new condition"?

As to whether this or a 2004 vios/city... well, it would depend greatly on the condition of the older vehicles. If you can get one with low mileage (say, 20,000 kms), then it would be a good deal.

I prefer the City. The Vios may be a sleeker car, but the City is an amazingly practical vehicle. Huge trunk, great space compared to the Vios (except for headroom where the roof curves down, where it's just somewhat better). The 1.3 MT is a good choice.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Id go for the Vios

Nothing fancy very simple car.

And I bet Replacement parts are much available compared to City

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're likely the same.

If you compare original parts from both makers, prices don't differ that much.

True, you can get cheap replacement parts, but be mindful of the adage, "you get what you pay for."

A lot of us here on tsikot have been burned by cheap replacement parts. Many of them don't last nearly half as long (and sometimes as short as a month or two) as original parts.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You could also get a BNEW Hyundai Getz 1.1L
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    For 400k? a brand-new getz 1.1L?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    468k ang pinaka mura ng Getz base sa price list sa Motioncars.com..

ako rin mas pipiliin ko ang Getz, picanto, vios, jazz at city kaysa sa Aveo..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Brand new Chevrolet AVEO hatch  VS 2nd hand VIOS or City idsi