New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Mga sirs, I plan to acquire a Mitsubishi Adventure thru bank financing, hopefully before 3rd quarter of this year.

My question is, kung ang hanapin kong unit ay brand new but, later year model (i.e. 1-3 years).....marami bang available na ganito? at sa tingin nyu ba mas makakatipid ako sa pricing?

usage : private/family use

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir hindi po SUV ang adventure mukhang wala kana makukuha sa casa ng 3 years old car kung meron man baka display unit

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I find the adventure better than the revo. Pero I find the innova better than the adventure.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    An Innova will be a better option over the Adventure.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I wonder if mitsubishi_agent would chime in here... hehehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mentos View Post
    Mga sirs, I plan to acquire a Mitsubishi Adventure thru bank financing, hopefully before 3rd quarter of this year.

My question is, kung ang hanapin kong unit ay brand new but, later year model (i.e. 1-3 years).....marami bang available na ganito? at sa tingin nyu ba mas makakatipid ako sa pricing?

you refer to "new old stock" ? i don't think the casa can provide one, because it is not logical for them to hold on to a unit and not sell it and make a profit out of it..
    but yes, you might score a "demo unit"... one that was used to demonstrate to students some aspects of.... repair!
    heh heh.
    god luck.

AUV.. SUV.. CUV.. MPV.. kahit na ano pang bibi..
    who cares? you're buying the car, not the three-letter shiny borloloy.
    heh heh ulit.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 5th, 2015 at 09:43 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    auv ang adventure.

mas maganda nga ang innova, pero 7-seater lang and almost no luggage space when all 7 seats are in use. pero may remedyo, lagyan mo roof rack for those times you have plenty of luggage. better engine also.

adventure 10-seater pero super bagal. second slowest yan next to the crosswind. pero kung city driving ka lang naman ok na. sa hiway just stay on the slow lane (right outermost lane) to avoid being a hazard. also, old engine, umuusok yan. peyborit ng mga asbu kaya pag may operation sila e malayo ka pa lang pag nakita ka yari ka na. it's almost guaranteed it will fail the smoke belching test.
    Last edited by yebo; May 5th, 2015 at 09:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

there is a probability that there are old model stocks sa casa, but the probability is small.... best you can do is to ask.
    however, pag 3 years na, sure ako wala nang ganyan sa casa.... best to go to dealers...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

there is a probability that there are old model stocks sa casa, but the probability is small.... best you can do is to ask.
    however, pag 3 years na, sure ako wala nang ganyan sa casa.... best to go to dealers...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Almost imposible magkaroon ng old stock ang adventure dahil di naman ito nagfacelift. Pag nagfacelift or new model ang isang sasakyan tsaka magkakaroon ng old stock na ayaw nang bilhin ng karamihan

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Agree that there is a very slim chance of finding very old stocks (1 year or longer) of a brand new model especially if the specific model is still selling significant number of units.

Kindly correct me if I am mistaken:

Don't remember where I read or learned this but although you might save on the purchase price, it might have long term implications on your ownership cost. First is the oil and other fluids, if these are left unchanged beyond its optimum life, it could be bad to your car. Another thing are the movable parts which should be moving and may have accumulated rust. Third is the paint, the old unit might have been stored under the sun. By the way this could also be bad to your interior especially the dashboard which may become brittle or deformed. Better also check the condition of the wheels/rubber as they may have been deformed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast