New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    the brand new 2006 city 1.3 dsi...costs aroung 650K

while a 2004-2005 city 1.3 dsi would cost in the range of 480-550...

advantage of the older version....it has the AIRBAGS as standard...

so what do you TSIKOTEERS suggest....

new look....or SAFETY....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    another thought would be...

is the 2006 model worth the depreciation that one incurs the first 2 years or so...

since it seems that aside from external aesthetics....this new model doesn't offer much to entice one to bite the bullet and carry on the depreciation costs....i did read somewhere that the tranny of this 1.3 cvt has been tuned to be a bit more sporty (...how much perkier can a 1.3 get?)

of course there's the usual high...of choosing your own tint....getting a VIRGIN car...(pardon the pun)....

any opinion appreciated...

brand-new vs. used. well deal or no deal.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on the condition of the 2004 car ofcourse...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the old look has airbags, but the hood and fender looks weird. The new look has more car like appearance.

it really depends on what you want, if you're getting the city just for the 1.3L CVT engine theni suggest you get the earlier version. If looks are impt to you then get a new one.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Like sir kimpoy said depende sa condition nung 2004 car! kasi kahit 2yr old car palang sya eh kung laspagan naman gumamit ung dating may ari sooner or later bibigyan ka na rin ng sakit ng ulo nyan, kaya for me i would go for the new city and sabi sakin nung naka usap ko last week sa honda cars libis na ung mga bagong city and jazz daw eh same engine parin pero mas matipid daw ang mga bago sa gas don know kung totoo o inuuto lang ako nung sales guy para bumili ako ng jazz!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks for the input....yes...you guys are right...

the old city looks DIFFERENT

and the new one is more CONVENTIONAL looking....

hmmmm.....GAS MILEAGE is TOP PRIORITY for me right now....
    really wonder is that sales person is pulling your leg MAMAR......(kung pretty sales lady...ok na rin...hehehehe)

seriously....the SAFETY of the passengers is a definite consideration

what's a good mileage range to consider for a 2 year old car? below 20000 kms?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    what's a good mileage range to consider for a 2 year old car? below 20000 kms?
    hhmm... kahit i would say about 25,000-30,000kms with normal use! kasi ung optra ko mag 1yr plang nasa 14,500kms na ehh!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if it's the 1.5 VTEC city... hmmm...

btw, I already came across two instances of new citys having dashboard rattles.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    someone posted here sa car finder section, 1.5 vtec cvt for only 520K electron blue yung color.

actually mine too have rattles,but i've worked it out already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Brand new 2006 city 1.3 dsi or 2nd hand 2004 CITY